Hw99S Out The Box Vs Home Tune Review

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are a very nice stock for a 99 This is my SFS IMP

Hello all,   Today I picked up my weihrauch HW99s after waiting a week for it to be delivered, I chose the 0.177 caliber as all my other rifles are 0.177 and tbh I love that pellet choice. I have re

Dont be offering to go deep with him mate, he will be round in his leather mask.

Posted Images

These are a very nice stock for a 99

This is my SFS IMP

P1010024_zpscllrnb8b.jpg

dose any one think Mitch,s stock looks like a DS stock :whistling:
V'mans in denial mac..

In denial ,no way i am coming out on this forum :laugh::thumbs:

you cant come out of the closet until you have a GAYSTATE

no good just having a look a like GS stock :whistling::tongue2::laugh:

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

Richard, I would not bother shortening the barrel too much mate, but if you want to get it screw cut then an inch or 3 wont matter, another alternative, if you want to quieten it down, is to buy a Conceptus silencer they will post to you from Poland, the one you want is the 15mm slide on one which is secured by locktite, they are very very good indeed, and sleeve over the barrel quite a bit, so dont add much length at all, if you do decide to fit one you will have to grind down the grooves for your forsight before fitting, as to the Vortek seal mate, it will make a big difference, if I had known I would have advised you to get the Vortek drop in kit, but no worries Im sure the WW one will be good, just a ball ache waiting for it, you will find more than likely that adding power washers on a 99 to raise the power, will have almost no effect at all, this is why I advised you to get the new seal, when I fitted one to the last .22 I tuned, it was so efficient it took the rifle over the limit, so I removed a coil from the spring, shot lovely at 11.7 after that.

• Like 2

Richard, I would not bother shortening the barrel too much mate, but if you want to get it screw cut then an inch or 3 wont matter, another alternative, if you want to quieten it down, is to buy a Conceptus silencer they will post to you from Poland, the one you want is the 15mm slide on one which is secured by locktite, they are very very good indeed, and sleeve over the barrel quite a bit, so dont add much length at all, if you do decide to fit one you will have to grind down the grooves for your forsight before fitting, as to the Vortek seal mate, it will make a big difference, if I had known I would have advised you to get the Vortek drop in kit, but no worries Im sure the WW one will be good, just a ball ache waiting for it, you will find more than likely that adding power washers on a 99 to raise the power, will have almost no effect at all, this is why I advised you to get the new seal, when I fitted one to the last .22 I tuned, it was so efficient it took the rifle over the limit, so I removed a coil from the spring, shot lovely at 11.7 after that.

I've got in contact with tony @ vortek today so will be ordering one of their piston seals at the weekend, so thanks for the contact details mate. I'm stripping her at the weekend and sorting all the internals out. It is the only problem with the WW kit is he waiting time, but I've had a good look at the vortek U.K and should I buy another springer....(the bloke at the shop had a beautiful HW97 blue laminate stock with Crome that teased me when I picked up my 99) I will Defo consider them. I'm trying to be good though as I've have brought 3 rifles in less then a year. I think they are like tattoos...once you have one you want more haha.

I'm going to sit on the fence for a little longer regarding cutting some inches of the barrel, wait and see what power I can get out of her first then think long and hard before getting my hacksaw out. I don't think it will improve her...maybe upset the balance and cause nose flip.

Thanks for all your advise though mate it I should very much appreciated

ATB

• Like 1

Shortening the barrel on a 99 never seems to increase muzzle flip, the recoil, (what there is of it after a tune) always seems to come straight back, but what it will do in my experience, is make it rather pellet fussy, maybe yours would be different, but that is my, and others experience, as shortening the barrel will remove the choke at the end, I would not bother with a bit of bean can or whatever as a piston liner, they seem to play with the consistency on a 99.

Shortening the barrel on a 99 never seems to increase muzzle flip, the recoil, (what there is of it after a tune) always seems to come straight back, but what it will do in my experience, is make it rather pellet fussy, maybe yours would be different, but that is my, and others experience, as shortening the barrel will remove the choke at the end, I would not bother with a bit of bean can or whatever as a piston liner, they seem to play with the consistency on a 99.

Cheers mate great advise again, was going to make a ptfe piston sleeve for it to try and reduce twang so if that's another thing that will effect power then again I'll give it a miss if I'm able to reduce twang with a fettle and a drop in kit. To shorten, square off and re crown the barrel seems like a price of piss to do, I'm just thinking it's not really going to make the rifle any better and some of the SFS IMPS have huge moderators on.

I think with this project my problem may be raising the power without effecting lock time and firing cycle, I'm comparison to my HW77k where I was too warm with the legal limit. If I can get her shooting between 10.5ft/lb and 11ft/lb I'll have a perfect little springer. I can't wait to get her open and watched some videos on how to do it and I think this rifle will be even easier to take apart and fettle then the 77. I've read Rez thread about the QC of his rifle out the box and that's making me want to open her up before I fire anymore round through her.

Again mate your advise is much appreciated :thumbs:

Hi Richard my 99 loves jsb jumbo. If you want to test some pm me your adress and I'll send you some up to try.

Top man, this is why I have only joined this forum cus you lads are all about helping and same with bigmac97kt with his offer. Top lads who I have a lot of respect for both in your comments and your advice you give.

Richard. Great thread man. But I'm not sure if your over thinking it all. There is nothing to a HW springer, let along a mini little 99. At the end of the day, get it apart, clean it up, drop in your kit of choice and bang it back together. Simple. All these replies of kits, though very great and from lads I know know there shit, these processes and greases are just opinions. Opinions are like bum'oles mate, everyone's got one and there all very dirty and very different... Don't be a sheep and follow the rest. Do what you think and see what happens. The best rifles I've had are ones I've had to learn with.

Like CC has said, put in the kit, do what you need to do, don't cut down the barrel, and enjoy a great little rifle.

If you wanted to do all that above, you might as well got on the list for an imp. Which, though great, ain't worth nearly 400 coins that SFS are selling them for. Think about it, 150 quid trade for the rifle when they buy in utter bulk, spend 2 hours work on it, if that, sell it for 350 or so. Bangin business idea. When really, drop in a TBT kit for 50 quid, you have the same. You've saved 250 beans. They may do the trigger and so on, but 80% don't notice all those little extras.

That's the point, HW rifles are soooooo simple internally, it's hard to see why people are blinded by the lights of YouTube and follow the flock... ain't it v'man? :D

Xx

• Like 2

Richard. Great thread man. But I'm not sure if your over thinking it all. There is nothing to a HW springer, let along a mini little 99. At the end of the day, get it apart, clean it up, drop in your kit of choice and bang it back together. Simple. All these replies of kits, though very great and from lads I know know there shit, these processes and greases are just opinions. Opinions are like bum'oles mate, everyone's got one and there all very dirty and very different... Don't be a sheep and follow the rest. Do what you think and see what happens. The best rifles I've had are ones I've had to learn with.

Like CC has said, put in the kit, do what you need to do, don't cut down the barrel, and enjoy a great little rifle.

If you wanted to do all that above, you might as well got on the list for an imp. Which, though great, ain't worth nearly 400 coins that SFS are selling them for. Think about it, 150 quid trade for the rifle when they buy in utter bulk, spend 2 hours work on it, if that, sell it for 350 or so. Bangin business idea. When really, drop in a TBT kit for 50 quid, you have the same. You've saved 250 beans. They may do the trigger and so on, but 80% don't notice all those little extras.

That's the point, HW rifles are soooooo simple internally, it's hard to see why people are blinded by the lights of YouTube and follow the flock... ain't it v'man? :D

Xx

Fair comment there mate, you prob hit the nail on the head regarding a home tune anyways, strip, degrease, drop in kit, re lube, fire away...I wanted to be creative and try something that puts me out of my comfort zone and pissing about with the barrel, cutting and re crowning would have just been another skill I picked up on the way but come the end of this tune I still want a rifle that's bang on and lovely to shot.

You tube has been my holy grail of visual information aand any idea I have had I've watched/read write ups about it and there's where I have asked your opinions because most of you have been shooting along time and have prob done most things I've suggested and I respect the advise you lad give.

So at the start i had all these ideas and going crazy with this rifle and by the finish I can see myself just doing the basic home tune and your right if I did want all the above I might as well just payed the big bucks and brought a SFS IMP but i wouldn't pay that price for it.

Cheers mate

On my lunch break i went home and stripped her, only real problems was getting the 4 lugs out the trigger housing. I ended up getting my blow torch on an old allan key and making a small L shape and worked perfectly. Ill post some pics later as the pistons itself was caped in grease, the spring was lubed perfectly what supprised me. Going to get some 600grit wet and dry on the piston over the weekend and work my way up to 1500grit. Get some autosol and polish until i get a mirror finish, then re lube put all back together. As ive got a little wait foe my drop in kit to arrive ill put all of weihrauchs internals back in so i can have a lttle shot and see how that improves things and once my WW kit comes its a quick job of swapping internals.

• Like 1