Putange Markers

Nice ideas there fellas, grass was long and tufty so really need some way of pin-pointing exact place above trap. Put marker stick a few paces away today but couldn't find where he was in the jungle even though prodded and dug around.

Anyone tried one of those DIY stud detectors to find wayward traps?

I finished a farm yesterday with a rented cottage right next to it that has known thieves living in it. Just so they didn't see me i parked over a hill, walked about half a mile and trapped the majority of the farm stealthily. There is land directly in front of the house that is to trap but when i hand farmer his bill im going to have to explain that i wont be doing it because when they see me there my traps will get pinched as sure as ive a hole in my arse. Itll need to be talunex or nothing on this part.

Some good ideas again there, I suppose the ideal stealth marker is something obvious to you but easily passed over by light fingered types.

Thinking something common in trapping area like twigs or litter! Maybe a false hill with a distinguishing mark or feature.

Thats why i use the bailer twine , to most people they wouldn't give a piece of string sticking an inch or two out off the ground a second look.

Top suggestions fellas, thanks for taking the time. Have really got me thinking.

Bale twine great idea Rowan mate, common sight in the country after all. Pebbles or distinct stones in stoney ground, false hill with odd shape or fake hoof print, pinch of wool in sheep field (dyed if you can find a bit), yellow leaf amoungst brown, sycamore leaves under oaks, cow pat roof (preferably dry!), sheep nuggets, dandylions in summer.

Mix and match the above so no set pattern if scroaty twigs one method.

Keep 'em coming boys :thumbs:

Top suggestions fellas, thanks for taking the time. Have really got me thinking.

Bale twine great idea Rowan mate, common sight in the country after all. Pebbles or distinct stones in stoney ground, false hill with odd shape or fake hoof print, pinch of wool in sheep field (dyed if you can find a bit), yellow leaf amoungst brown, sycamore leaves under oaks, cow pat roof (preferably dry!), sheep nuggets, dandylions in summer.

Mix and match the above so no set pattern if scroaty twigs one method.

Keep 'em coming boys :thumbs:

As mentioned from the above posts there are a loads of ways to mark trap sites but you should always check who's around before setting and laying traps. You never know who's watching you.... kids if they see/find them, will usually destroy them . Dog walkers are another pest as they inevitably are do gooders or antis and have been known to call the police, i kid you not! (Happened to a mate).treat everyone as a suspect

Edited by MAG1980