What Protein %

Its down to work load, height ,age etc even breeding can have a part to play., unless really being grafted protien betweent 22/24% would be plenty

spot on :thumbs: i feed 1lb raw mince chicken and 3-5 small cups of dry meal (burgess active dog) 24% protein , and the dogs are in great shape . i f work the younger dog Buck i just increase the amount 1 1/2 lb chicken and 2 more small cups dry .

Feeding dry and raw together is not a good thing as they both digest at different speeds meaning the gut is constantly working to digest food ... also to much protein will mean the kidneys are working twice as hard as they need to to process the excess protein ... there is enough protein in raw chicken, beef, lamb and turkey to sustain any working dog without the need for adding more protein via a dry meal ... without sounding like the big I am my dogs are probably worked harder than most on here as I do this for a living and I never feed dry and the dogs are in op condition from just a raw diet ........

• Like 1

Feeding dry and raw together is not a good thing as they both digest at different speeds meaning the gut is constantly working to digest food ... also to much protein will mean the kidneys are working twice as hard as they need to to process the excess protein ... there is enough protein in raw chicken, beef, lamb and turkey to sustain any working dog without the need for adding more protein via a dry meal ... without sounding like the big I am my dogs are probably worked harder than most on here as I do this for a living and I never feed dry and the dogs are in op condition from just a raw diet ........

I didn't know that about kidneys an to much protein I feed mince that I buy off the butcher its all the scraps minced up I also feed chicken thighs wings and legs table scraps veg etc would there be to much protein in this diet or is it ok.

Edited by peterhunter86
  • Like 1

Socks an exellent reply I don't understand people who add raw meat to an already "Formulated Complete" to unbalance it all and especially adding raw to a high protein dry feed,by eck like you say the kidneys will be working overtime.I use the CSJ CP extra mixer and add raw accourdingly or less dry,plus table scraps thus I try to balance the feed up the best I can.To me I think there is too mutch emphasis on protein this and protein that,i am not saying I have got the perfect formula but from a pup to an adult dog and the work he gets its so far so good.