Creating A New Line Of Working Terrier?

Just to put things into perspective here, as it's hard at times with all the bickering and bullshit.

A good friend of mine had a dog from a well known line and he bred it to a bitch another man owned that was related to the same line. They kept back a few pups between themselves, but friends of friends where asking about pups and they where given them to run on. The way it should be! A year past, no word back about how one dog in particular was shaping up, it came to nearly 2 years after the pups where born and my mate contacted the lad and asked how the pup he'd been gifted was getting on! He was told the dog turned out to be No good and was PTS, yet in the same conversation the man asked if my mate was to do a repeat mating, he'd gladly take another pup!! Thank you very much and good night...

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 4

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're all just polishing turds, every line that exists now existed in one form or another before we were even thought of. The so called Stevens line, is a mix up of some Nuttall, some Gould and som

You scatter bred fanatics are missing the goal mouth by a mile .Where are these wonder dogs bred from the postmans poodle over Satans daughter. Dogs need not be wearing cloaks and shiney pants to get

Good shout Neil. I've never put down line bred dogs. Not everyone has that quest to drive for and the ones like yourself that do and many others, I have respect for. The point that I was making was th

Posted Images

Logged out for a couple of days an were still on about plummers. Ah the dog that looks like a Russell but isn't. Has beagle In it so do that make it a teagle? Magic dogs that wait on command outside an earth for permission to enter. And can also be called out. Yep still talking about them. ppl boast about them ratting? Who all hasn't seen pups at 4/5 months killing rats? For Fcuk sake a ferret will kill a few rats. But sure fools and there money and all that.

• Like 7

Logged out for a couple of days an were still on about plummers. Ah the dog that looks like a Russell but isn't. Has beagle In it so do that make it a teagle? Magic dogs that wait on command outside an earth for permission to enter. And can also be called out. Yep still talking about them. ppl boast about them ratting? Who all hasn't seen pups at 4/5 months killing rats? For Fcuk sake a ferret will kill a few rats. But sure fools and there money and all that.

I think its "one mans meat is another mans poison", we keep what we like and so long as they are well cared for thats all that matters, all types of terriers have been discussed on these threads that is what its there for, you can knock Plummer as much as you want but he was an expert on genetics and if somebody is thinking of starting a new line or breed/type then it pays to know what to expect, "knowledge is power", ignorance will breed you nothing of note, if anybody fancies reading up on genetics there are a few good reads, I bought "Practical Dog Breeding and Genetics" by Eleanor Frankling, I found it educational but I found myself reading the same chapter a couple of times to make sense of parts of it, bit boring but required if you are serious, WM

• Like 2

I think its "one mans meat is another mans poison", we keep what we like and so long as they are well cared for thats all that matters, all types of terriers have been discussed on these threads that is what its there for, you can knock Plummer as much as you want but he was an expert on genetics and if somebody is thinking of starting a new line or breed/type then it pays to know what to expect, "knowledge is power", ignorance will breed you nothing of note, if anybody fancies reading up on genetics there are a few good reads, I bought "Practical Dog Breeding and Genetics" by Eleanor Frankling, I found it educational but I found myself reading the same chapter a couple of times to make sense of parts of it, bit boring but required if you are serious, WM

Are you still here!!! FFS.

• Like 1

its not just about plummers it's about using the different types to create a new breed or should I say type, not trying to reinvent the wheel, just a thread on different opinions and genetics in lines and out crosses.
  • Like 1

Are you still here!!! FFS.

Plucky baby your wasting your time liking my posts your mind games won't work with me sweetheart as your report cards said must do better, have a good evening with your melting pot and large wooden spoon.

• Like 1

its not just about plummers it's about using the different types to create a new breed or should I say type, not trying to reinvent the wheel, just a thread on different opinions and genetics in lines and out crosses.

Foxdropper had an ace thread but pulled it

If you want some good reads on breeding then look into game cocks and the breeding there - they can try out all the theories around in a much shorter space of time

• Like 2

Foxdropper had an ace thread but pulled it

If you want some good reads on breeding then look into game cocks and the breeding there - they can try out all the theories around in a much shorter space of time

same for pigeons
  • Like 1

a beagle as a better nose than a terrier? I'm not convinced I'm of the impression that dogs have the same scenting ability as each other breed wouldn't be a issue.I believe it's the desire the dog has to hunt what it wants to hunt. a terrier would hunt a warm scent but wouldn't have the desire to hunt a colder or weaker scent it's not in most of their making but it doesn't mean that one has a better nose than the another.

i think the key is to have dogs with a good nose and desire. voice and stamina would also come from beagle. js

• Like 1