Jill Jab/implant Norfolk

Hello, I've just made a few phone calls to local vets, only one will do the Jill jab which is £150 for the pair as the bottle has to be disposed of the same day, or they have offered the implant which is £121 for the 4.7 or £233 for the 9.4. Seems bloody expensive to me. I haven't got a hob, so can't get him snipped. Is there anyone my way that gets the jab at a reasonable price?

Bloody hell mate I got four done last year for £25 although I did think they cocked up as the year before they charged £25 for two. Maybe get a few of your mates together and take a load in to spead the cost. I usually leave mine in season for a couple of months try to get close to June before having them given the jab and hope they don't come back into season.

Cheers Arry

they are trying to rip you off mate, i had been getting my nephews jabbed for him for less than £30 for the 2 for the last few seasons. we did have to put a hob to 1 eventually as she started losing her hair as soon as she came in season mated her it all came back but that wasnt for about 3 seasons worth of jabs.

• Like 1

unfortunely the prices are shooting up, especially on the jill jab as the rules changed a few years ago on the storage of it, so it is,nt susposed to be kept once opened thats it. Where as before it was fine left in a fridge/kept cool. So know they sting you for the whole bottle, some vets will still go by the old rules and shove it in the fridge and make you sign a waiver or just carry on as they did before as nothing has changed in the ingredients. Have you considered spaying the jills if they wont be bred, thats still a stinger but compared to implant cheaper, depends on the vets.

Thanks for all the info. I've now found a vet that charges £19 for the consultation and £8 per ferret for the Jill jab. They will also do the implant for £87. I haven't decided to get them spayed or get a vas hob in future, at least this will give me more time

It is important not to just leave them though, I used to as thought they would never die until a lovely Jill I owned did actually die through becoming anemic due to being in season to long. Still feel guilty years later as it was completely avoidable, since then have always owned a snipped hob and have noticed how much healthy the Jill's are in the summer. Atb

Thanks for all the info. I've now found a vet that charges £19 for the consultation and £8 per ferret for the Jill jab. They will also do the implant for £87. I haven't decided to get them spayed or get a vas hob in future, at least this will give me more time

I wouldnt bet on that mate ive seen jills getting the jab return into season and needed repeated jill jabs and thats no good for them either getting repeatedly pumped full of hormones

• Like 1