Cloud And Her Sister Spring ........

This was last weekend a whippet would have died in this weather lol ......A764C052-AA86-4A30-B9DA-FAC166B08AB5.jpg

No nets needed with this girl :laugh:SUNP0016_zpsvy02hplg.jpg

That dog has frozen to death in that position lol .....

Still waiting to see a catch on one of your vid lol

I don't need my ego stroked lol ......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://youtu.be/j7iU_9RBScs

Many thanks to Ken for a cracking day out. Cloud is an impressive young bitch, a credit to the work Ken has put in. My sheepdog has a way to go yet... but we will get there eventually!

Not the best pic and was a few weeks ago ! Can't wait for next season with her .

Posted Images

Looking good lads, I do like the look of that longhaired pup. Speed machine under a collie coat, classic old Lurcher.

You can see cloud has the rabbiting game sussed Ken. Your right this time next year they will be different dogs. Ianto really finished at 24months physically.

Edited by Sirius

Can I just ask why you are so anti whippet, when your bitch IS very whippety and looks sharp and on the ball?

The bitch is twice the size of a whippet and she is only nine months old ... what she looks like now is not what she will look like when she has finished growing ......

I know the difference full well as to how much a pup, sapling and adult change as they develope into maturity. And I still say your bitch has turned out fairly whippety. Nothing wrong with that. Just making a pretty obvious observation.

Can I just ask why you are so anti whippet, when your bitch IS very whippety and looks sharp and on the ball?

The bitch is twice the size of a whippet and she is only nine months old ... what she looks like now is not what she will look like when she has finished growing ......

Not saying she isn't bigger than some whippets. And they aint all 19-20" and about 20-25lb. Plenty at over 22" and at or about 40lb, You telling me that bitch is about 70-80lb?

Your talking about grews surely as no true whippet is that size ......

You've obviously only small seen small, frail whippets to make that assumption. I can assure you that there've plenty of kc reg whippets at 22+" and even a couple at 23" for many many years, and long before mike brown started breeding his whippets.

If you dislike whippets that much, why did you choose a pup that has whippet blood, even if it's a couple of generations back, on both sides of the parents?

Just curious really, up to an individual what type of dog they want obviously, but for someone that dislikes whippets so much, it seems an odd choice knowing the possibility of the mating could produce some pups that have more whippet charecteristics.

Anyway, she's turning into a nice bitch

• Like 1

Just my pennies worth on whippets.

Whippets have there limitations for me and others, otherwise we would all be using them pure bred.

Height, strength,skin and robustness physically I dislike, and many have too much of a terrier single minded attitude mentally for me. ( I know they are not all the same)

I have lamped and ferreted quite a few, both my sister and father breed them and have done for years. I have seen dogs from various kennels of note.

I maintain they are the most exciting dog I have ran on rabbits on the lamp and to watch work, furious, explosive and entertaining. But not ideal for the job imo.

But to me they add something to a Lurcher and mostly it's a reduction of height and the addition of take off speed. But I would not own a pure bred one, they don't suit me.

Edited by Sirius
  • Like 3

I've a whippet , MB bred , there's nothing soft / weather shy about him , yes he doesn't excel where other types will but the same can be said vise-versa , it depends on what type of work you do but whippet blood (from the right type) will enhance a X if your breeding for a certain job , bad pic but this fella 10 this yr , had his fair share of knocks but they all get bumps & bruisers when there a 100% Committed. post-13479-0-78219100-1487616678_thumb.jpg

Edited by lanesra
  • Like 1

Just my pennies worth on whippets.

Whippets have there limitations for me and others, otherwise we would all be using them pure bred.

Height, strength,skin and robustness physically I dislike, and many have too much of a terrier single minded attitude mentally for me. ( I know they are not all the same)

I have lamped and ferreted quite a few, both my sister and father breed them and have done for years. I have seen dogs from various kennels of note.

I maintain they are the most exciting dog I have ran on rabbits on the lamp and to watch work, furious, explosive and entertaining. But not ideal for the job imo.

But to me they add something to a Lurcher and mostly it's a reduction of height and the addition of take off speed. But I would not own a pure bred one, they don't suit me.

Just my pennies worth on collie x's when the going gets tuff they jack and that's even on rabbits, just gave another one away last month to a lad that just goes out now and then local.

• Like 1

:hmm: I believe that you can get, good and bad in most lurcher hybrids, also in the pure breeds,so often required, to help create the various types.. :yes:

Locally,..(only being a casual rabbiting Moucher)...I prefer to use some whippet blood in my Hedgerow curs,...this inclusion,..however small,..will usually bring the size down a wee bit.

I find it makes for a handy type...nice and nippy when chasing through brash and ducking the barbed wire....

These days, we only hunt a few rabbits amidst the woodland / forestry plantations and ferret the ditches and numerous field side warrens..

So,.. need for anything, too special,... :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 3

This must be why i was taught not to mix whippet an grey bloodin a lurcher haha

I think it's ok if there's whippet in only one of the parents w k, but when you breed a litter with whippet in both parents that's when you'll increase the chances of getting more whippet type/characterisics etc. Or it's ok if you don't mind your pup ending up fairly whippety. To me it's quite simple, I don't like bull x's, so I wouldn't pick a pup that had bull in sire and dam. Or beddy lurchers, so I wouldn't pick a pup with beddy in both parents. But a little bull or beddy in one of the parents wouldn't necessarily put me off.

Not disrespecting different types, or people's own choice, but just saying things as I see it :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

This was last weekend a whippet would have died in this weather lol ......A764C052-AA86-4A30-B9DA-FAC166B08AB5.jpg

No nets needed with this girl :laugh:SUNP0016_zpsvy02hplg.jpg

That dog has frozen to death in that position lol .....

Still waiting to see a catch on one of your vid lol

I don't need my ego stroked lol ......

You've changed...... :D

Pups looking great mate.. nice one