12Th Anniversary

Today marks the 12 th anniversary of The Hunting with Dogs Act being rolled out, Were still here doing what we do! Time this Act was consigned to the dustbin and let the Countryside get back to conservation and hunting with respect.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 17

Today marks the 12 th anniversary of The Hunting with Dogs Act being rolled out, Were still here doing what we do! Time this Act was consigned to the dustbin and let the Countryside get back to conservation and hunting with respect.

:thumbs::yes:

As much as I would love the hunting act to be repealed I don't think it ever will ( we'll the 10 years at least). But we will keep fighting on

It will never be repealed, phoney blair, put the spoke in on that. Was watching look north tonight about rural crime in lincs, why do they show a pic of a greyhound supposedly illegally coursing a hare allegedly this year. Now why was that dog wearing a red collar, well i suppose all you guys that run coursing dogs, and bet in thousands must stick to traditions but ive never yet seen one running in a white collar , stupid twats should do a bit of research.

Just an after thought. I read an article this morning of the Countryside Alliance relating to the Anniversary of the Hunting with dogs act. It was primarily a reference to the Fox hunting Packs . I noted a glaring absence of any reference to other forms of working dogs that have been directly penalised to a greater extent than the fox hounds by the said Act. I noted no in put from the AWL the voice on the CA committee. I continued to read the news letter there was not a single reference or article about genuine working dogs it beggars one question are the lurchers/terriers /running dogs having any input on the Country Alliance Policies , through the AWL?

• Like 1

@ DB , the CA and the COHA are not joined , the AWL has no input into any of the CA.S proceedings . Peeved, indeed i am, and now folk are doing their talking with the feet. Had we been about rurual oscars or moors, maybe we might have had, but that said, i dont see it of any benifit to fracture the whole of the Hunting community .

It leads me to say, and You will know DB that one can still work our lurchers within the current Hunting Act, but its the complete and utter apathy of the running dog world in general that is the hardest battle to fight, this, ' I don't care' or ' its doesn't effect me' attitude is!

I don't see anything coming up on the agenda, while the Brexit rumbles on, we are in sad sad times.

I am keeping a close eye on the Lord Bonomy Report, as it may lead to rumbles here in England, who knows .

One always has to be prepared to do battle. knowledge is power.

Obtaining this knowledge is not difficult.

• Like 1

i was originally told the COHA had a seat on the CA and that the new set up of AWL would be on the commitee, That is what we were led to believe at the time Trenchfoot and Skycat attended a meeting with Mr T Bonner in London. It was intimated that the seat would be available. Certainly fractures within hunting branches is not the way forward but a failure by CA to give a voice to all factions of dog work in the formulation of ongoing actions will result only in strengthening the hands of Lacs and Antis . Its understandable why younger generations are reluctant if not directly opposed to support groups or associations when they ask what have these groups done in the past? Its easy to see the betrayals that happened in the run up to the Hunting with Dogs Act 2004 and it appears that now as then only certain sections that hunt, have representation but working dog lads are being left without repreentation again yet CA wants folk to support them and become members it appears to be a one way traffic.

Edited by desertbred