Decent Day Ferreting.

stoggy

Got everything packed in the van this morning for another go at the rabbits.Put the fold up barrow in as we had a good bit of a walk and it would be easier bringing the rabbits back that we caught.Got to where we were going and started to take out the barrow and realised i had left the wheel at home.So we had to tramp across the field carrying all the gear but we left the longnets as we decided we had enough to carry.We put down our purse nets first and started ferreting where we had put the first ones down.We managed a couple of rabbits and took the purse nets up and put them down again as we moved down the hedgerow.We only had 50 purse nets and we moved them four times during the day.It was a good long day out and we only had to dig four times.On gutting the rabbits there were about four or five that had young in.We never found any young when we had to dig but going by today we soon will be doing.Our total for the day was 17 rabbits and we only got halfway down the hedge we were supposed to do.So there should be a few more to get yet.

DSC_0205_zpsesgejjgt.jpg

DSC_0204_zpsjwojzofo.jpg

DSC_0206_zpseq5a58ua.jpg

• Like 7

well done that is a very good bag some weight to carry back to the motor hope you had your game carriers handy

We only thought we had about 12 rabbits till we packed up started walking back along the hedge to gut them.

Good result that lads and lasses. I'd have been tempted to leave purse nets and used the long nets myself, nevertheless you got a good day

There are a lot of holes on this hedge and the rabbits tend to hole hop.It was a lot of time spent putting them down but we got every rabbit we saw.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like you had a good day, nice bit of ground too.

I've recently upgraded to the ferret finder MK3, I had the MK1 for years but it finally gave up early this season. How do you rate the MK3? I like mine and with it being bright orange you can't lose it either.

Atb Vino