Working Border / Or Dodo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really,,,,patterdales suffer the most abuse by idiots because generally they are fairly easy to enter and used by fools easily ruined ...A patterdales likes to work for its self generally...A border g

owned by the same lads that have the digging plummers

It takes a real terrierman to get the most out of ANY terrier. The poor old Border was just unfortunate enough to have a lot of greedy clowns behind it.   The old saying that Borders are slow to en

my pal has a border bitch gives 110% everytime

There are decent digging borders still about in Wales I've been out with a few, they can be a bit moody some of them but they will get the job done,WM
owned by the same lads that have the digging plummers
  • Like 6

There about ,takes a real terrier man to get the best out of a border that's why there's so few working borders.

It takes a real terrierman to get the most out of ANY terrier.

The poor old Border was just unfortunate enough to have a lot of greedy clowns behind it.

The old saying that Borders are slow to enter and need proper folk to enter them and all that is just a load of bullshit thought up by the peddlers as an excuse for when they don't work out.

• Like 4

Really,,,,patterdales suffer the most abuse by idiots because generally they are fairly easy to enter and used by fools easily ruined ...A patterdales likes to work for its self generally...A border generally likes to work for its owner usually with a decent bond....In the world of the five minute wonder terrier man shoot them at 10 months old type idiot the working terrier world seems to idolise at the moment...The border terrier or any working dog is probably better off with cash hungry owners rather than the low lifes I've seen in the last decades that have done their best to destroy everything a lot of us held dear in this sport ,,generally.

• Like 8

Really,,,,patterdales suffer the most abuse by idiots because generally they are fairly easy to enter and used by fools easily ruined ...A patterdales likes to work for its self generally...A border generally likes to work for its owner usually with a decent bond....In the world of the five minute wonder terrier man shoot them at 10 months old type idiot the working terrier world seems to idolise at the moment...The border terrier or any working dog is probably better off with cash hungry owners rather than the low lifes I've seen in the last decades that have done their best to destroy everything a lot of us held dear in this sport ,,generally.

I'd sooner own a terrier who works because it wants to and not to please

I have seen terriers that work to please also.

I know which I prefer

• Like 1

I've never liked that arguement personally that the antis usually use when they say that the poor old terrier was only doing what it's master wanted them to do.

I'd like to think that if any of my terriers got out and knew of an earth nearby they'd go for a hunt and not wait for me to give them permission.

Terriers should do what they do naturally. When they do it can't be cruel on their behalf, if they're doing it because it's expected of them then possibly there's an element of cruelty.

Do you really believe that any working dog is probably better off with cash hungry owners ???? Read that again .

The truth is that the Border's been in trouble for a few years now because of dreamers and money men and your post says a lot to prove what I say.

It's a big pity as a once great type that still looks like it did decades ago is now a disgrace to it's ancestors.

• Like 3

I've never liked that arguement personally that the antis usually use when they say that the poor old terrier was only doing what it's master wanted them to do.

I'd like to think that if any of my terriers got out and knew of an earth nearby they'd go for a hunt and not wait for me to give them permission.

Terriers should do what they do naturally. When they do it can't be cruel on their behalf, if they're doing it because it's expected of them then possibly there's an element of cruelty.

Do you really believe that any working dog is probably better off with cash hungry owners ???? Read that again .

The truth is that the Border's been in trouble for a few years now because of dreamers and money men and your post says a lot to prove what I say.

It's a big pity as a once great type that still looks like it did decades ago is now a disgrace to it's ancestors.

let any terrier of a lead in a field and they go hunting themselves, the digging dogs are known for it, they head to hedges with nose going a dinger. They look for work.

I've dug to 2 different Borders. Handy dogs, but not out and out digging dogs. When I've quizzed my Grandad about his memorable days out there is always mention of more than one Border to ground. This will have been the 60s. I'm not crabbing their ways, it was all they knew. Different era and different outlook. I think that the Patterdale/Fell Terriers got lucky in that they landed roughly at the same time that the locators arrived and single handed dogs became the thing to have and obviously the rest is history.

• Like 3