Gps Devices

Hi

We have a harrier pack and have not yet moved to using gps collars. We plan to purchase a system this summer and wonder what people are using and what they would advise. The price is not really an issue just looking to get the best set up that is available. Any advice on where to buy and what systems would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

You want the garmain alpha 100 with tt15 collers.. Gps4us. Tell them you want it to work in uk/Ireland.

Any thing that is shipped to Europe from gps4us will work in Europe how many collars you thinking of buying ? the Astro 320 will link up to ten different collars I've got the T5 and T5 mini collars and find the T5 collar to big for my liking as I think it's more for dogs that will be running for 24hrs over long distances in the states ATB BB

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

we are using the garmin astro 320 with collars.I like them. but im not as impressed as i was at first use.. Once we realised that the tracking collars dont communicate with the hand set via gps but by radio signal. the gps is for pinpointing your position on the gps map. So basically just like any radio signal it can and does drop out when you lose line of sight....dogs go over the tops.. .. drop into a hollow...round the edge of a crag... etc..which happens a lot in our hunt country. Still they are a useful addition but not the be all and end all as some seem to think.

we are using the garmin astro 320 with collars.I like them. but im not as impressed as i was at first use.. Once we realised that the tracking collars dont communicate with the hand set via gps but by radio signal. the gps is for pinpointing your position on the gps map. So basically just like any radio signal it can and does drop out when you lose line of sight....dogs go over the tops.. .. drop into a hollow...round the edge of a crag... etc..which happens a lot in our hunt country. Still they are a useful addition but not the be all and end all as some seem to think.

did you get the longer aerial with it? i am in n wales and find it picks up my beagles in most situations that the small one doesn't i also bought an aftermarket fold down telescopic one on ebay :thumbs:

did you get the longer aerial with it? i am in n wales and find it picks up my beagles in most situations that the small one doesn't i also bought an aftermarket fold down telescopic one on ebay :thumbs:

Yes we have the longer one but I will take a look at the aftermarket one. Cheers.