Garmin Gps ????

My recently bought 2nd hand Astro 320 has been blocked since updating... waiting on it getting unblocked by gps4us if they can. Paid for it a couple of weeks ago and still waiting on them fixing their "technical issues".

Apparently the Sportdog 2 are better and legal here.

Was it unlocked when you brought it ? And why update it ? ATB BB

Yeah it was unlocked but had old software on which wouldn't be suitable to use with the T5 mini collars i wanted for the terriers and dachshunds.... couldn't get the maps on either

Ive had these Garmin trackers since 2009/2010 from states ,never had problem till i bought 430 this year which is blocked but hopefuly will get it unblocked next week , but all the new T5 Mini work on my old sets just dont upgrade sets and any collar should work with them
where do you get it unblocked mate I need a 320 unblocked

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use this exact map on my Garmin Astro bud..Bought off this seller,works flawlessly..   Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142218704503

No uk dealer for the garmin GPS dog trackers as you are not supposed to use them in this country

Garmin Astro 220 or 320 Stone Rose,easy to work bud,easiest way i find is just leave the receiver on the "dog" setting which is basically a screen showing a compass with an arrow/s pointing in the dir

My recently bought 2nd hand Astro 320 has been blocked since updating... waiting on it getting unblocked by gps4us if they can. Paid for it a couple of weeks ago and still waiting on them fixing their "technical issues".

Yeah it was unlocked but had old software on which wouldn't be suitable to use with the T5 mini collars i wanted for the terriers and dachshunds.... couldn't get the maps on either

Ive had these Garmin trackers since 2009/2010 from states ,never had problem till i bought 430 this year which is blocked but hopefuly will get it unblocked next week , but all the new T5 Mini work on my old sets just dont upgrade sets and any collar should work with them
I know someone that can do the 320 !

I know someone that can do the 320 !
ive just had a Number for someone off my mate now so il give him a bell if that fails I'll pm you mate if that ok cheers

as far as I know the 430 will not work over here let me know how you get on mate

Gps4us will do it costs about £30 do it through email and online chat takes about half hour

Thats what I hoped.... still waiting 2 weeks later and they aren't sure if they can do it at all but they are hoping it will be sorted in the next few weeks!

I wouldn't worry about the maps to be honest mate as the compass is good enough and with the hand sets you shouldn't update them as there not programmed to be used in the uk what collars come with the hand set ? ATB BB

DC40 i got with mine which is a bit big for the terriers, I am wanting a combined collar next so the Garmin will be for sale when it's unblocked. Quality bits of kits mind, but i want the training collar too, at the minute the dogs are like Mr T with a load of things round their necks.

GPS4US told me the T5 mini wouldn't work with mine as the software / firmware was only 3.0 and it needed to be newer than that...i connected the handheld to the laptop and it started updating so it's blocked now :censored:

• 4 weeks later...

Did you manage to get you Astro 430 working deerman?

Iv spoke to gps4us and they said I can order a Astro 430 to work over here but will take 2-3 weeks for them to sort it but they can do a Astro 320 straight away? Thanks

Did you manage to get you Astro 430 working deerman?

Iv spoke to gps4us and they said I can order a Astro 430 to work over here but will take 2-3 weeks for them to sort it but they can do a Astro 320 straight away? Thanks

its away with a mate since last Friday to hopefully get sorted

Oh hopefully you get it sorted then. I have just spoke to gps4us n they said there is a fault with the unlocking software for the Astro 430 n hopefully they will have it sorted within the next few days. I'm undecided wether to get the 320 or 430.

Thats what il be waiting for then as i forwarded him the email from gps4us and he was just going to do it for me etc

Oh hopefully you get it sorted then. I have just spoke to gps4us n they said there is a fault with the unlocking software for the Astro 430 n hopefully they will have it sorted within the next few days. I'm undecided wether to get the 320 or 430.

320 are very good IMO.

320 are very good IMO.

Thanks That's good to hear. Have you used the 430 at all? There is a £140 price difference, so just tryin to weigh up the extra benefits.

320 are very good IMO.

Thanks That's good to hear. Have you used the 430 at all? There is a £140 price difference, so just tryin to weigh up the extra benefits.

I havent pal sorry. But I will say the 320 hasn't let me down (touchwood) and it's been used alot lol

• Like 1