Moles On A Roundabout Island

So how do they get there?

About a mile from the M5 J13 Stroud there is a roundabout by a petrol station, grassed over, with mole hills.

Do they tunnel or avoid traffic?

Not exactly quiet either.

Edited by jackg

Funny you should ask been helping a fella shift some and I shit you not a woman asked what we were doing told her she said she was part of the mole society and hoped we would catch them humanely so they could be released I told her no problem I will hang them on the barb wire to collect f***ing idiot anyhow just a thought on why you may see them where you wouldn't usually

Funny you should ask been helping a fella shift some and I shit you not a woman asked what we were doing told her she said she was part of the mole society and hoped we would catch them humanely so they could be released I told her no problem I will hang them on the barb wire to collect f***ing idiot anyhow just a thought on why you may see them where you wouldn't usually

Couldnt you just explain that a mole trapped in a live trap will stress that much it would probably die anyway so you would make sure they were humanely and quickly killed in a trap? I kill hundreds every week but if i catch one badly (which i do) and it suffers a prolonged death it pis*es me right off.

• Like 2

Couldnt you just explain that a mole trapped in a live trap will stress that much it would probably die anyway so you would make sure they were humanely and quickly killed in a trap? I kill hundreds every week but if i catch one badly (which i do) and it suffers a prolonged death it pis*es me right off.
didn't know that pal about the humane catcher not the type myself to cause unnecessary suffering just trying to get rid of her typical busy body sticking her oar in where it wasn't wanted by the way when I said I would put them on the barbed wire they would be dead
  • Like 1

So how do they get there?

About a mile from the M5 J13 Stroud there is a roundabout by a petrol station, grassed over, with mole hills.

Do they tunnel or avoid traffic?

They will travel over ground if needs be, if the island isn't a concrete base then they can tunnel under the road to it.

Not exactly quiet either.

Doing it as a job, the live mole traps need to be avoided like the plague daz, for a number of reasons. And ye, i know where your coming from regarding the BW fence, i hang them on there too at a lot of spots. Pretty victorian and im not keen on doing it but farmer giles can see what youve caught and it doent half get you more work. I hung up treble figures on an entrance not a month ago and that one act got me 4 more farms straight after (not that i want them really) but i hate to refuse work.

• Like 2