The Cluson Saved My Dads Life!!!

Took a walk out on the beam last week, Superb lamping weather - plenty of wind, Nice and dark, The fields where a little saturated from the day time rainfall but we were still were rubbing our hands together at the prospect of a big bag. So it was just me and dad over a bit of land a few miles from my place, I had walked here in the day time a few days prior. Scanned the first few fields but... alas nothing of note apart from a fox on his bike very quickly into the darkness.

We came to the old steam rail track and paused to decide which way to go, After a brief chat it was over the rail track to the other side of the river....or so we thought. We where walking on the rail track as its easier going than the sloped sides, I quickly stopped to get the dog on the lead approaching the bridge but Dad continued wandering ahead...Then I heard a splash.

I shouted Dad and he was gone! I ran towards the bridge looked down through the rails and saw a body lit up as he had the lamp strapped to his waist they where both floating on the water! I screamed DAD! Slid through the rails, Swung down and Jumped. He was face down in the water not moving, I waded in and dragged the silly b*****d out with some difficulty, half on the bank. Gave him a few good slaps and wrenched his stomach at least a couple of times. Slowly but surely he started slurring - at least he was breathing!!! The dog didn't know what to do so she jumped off the bridge into the river and then swam to me. After a while he began to come round a little but was freezing, I pulled him out of the water and put my jacket over him realizing the phone was back in the car!!!.

He had the seven shades of sh!t knocked out of him to be fair and had split his ear pretty bad, We scrambled up the bank then over the fence, then back over the wet, heavy fields. I let him rest on the road while I ran to car, It was one of those roads that doesn't seem far in a car but was probably a mile, Usain Bolt wouldn't of caught me - completely soaked through.

In the car then A&E - He's still in hospital now but making a good recovery, a close shave to say the least!!! I am no salesman but the Cluson lazerlite LED is completely waterproof as it says on the box - tried and tested, first hand. I don't want to think what would of happened if an old lamp would of fused out, a few seconds longer... One more thing to add.

The old man always told me the importance of teaching a dog manors in the field, heel, heel, heel! The dog would of been left behind in this situation but it didn't half help the whole time that bitch stuck to me like glue, legging it back to the car with me to heel and no lead as it was lost in the commotion the last thing that you need is an unruly dog adding to the situation...oh yeah guys please don't forget your phones next time.

• Like 16

Well done on saving your old man mate.

Dark + water is bloody dodgy.

I had a very bad incident involving the 2.

And don't like being around water in the dark no more.

Get some head torches bought mate.

• Like 1