Nv Suggestions?

Try and have a look through a few. Various sellers, importers offer night sight evenings.you tend to get what you pay for with nv but it's also about being familiar with it and knowing how to get the best out of it. You can spend megabucks, but get the same results with more modes gear.

Don't dismiss the pulsar. Good bit of kit at a good price relatively speaking. I've had one for a few years. The ATN x site looks interesting but I'd want to see through it first. It's got a lot of features but to me, the most important features are field of view and resolution. They can keep their gps etc.

Don't forget a good illuminator. Mn800 is quality.

Looking to get a NV scope for my 243. Been looking at pulsar but there's too much to choose from any suggestions?

Thank you

What budget do you have? Theres a lot of options out there.

Ian, apologies for piggybacking this topic. Im a NV novice but wanting something for my 22 rimfire AND my air rifle. The rimmy one would be for shooting rabbits probably no further than 40-50 yards, the air rifle one would be for rats and roosting pigeons around farms. I see some are actual scopes and some look like a mini tv screen connected to your scope. There seem a plethora on fleabay. What would be a good budget priced starter? cheaper the better

Looking to get a NV scope for my 243. Been looking at pulsar but there's too much to choose from any suggestions?

Thank you

What budget do you have? Theres a lot of options out there.

Ian, apologies for piggybacking this topic. Im a NV novice but wanting something for my 22 rimfire AND my air rifle. The rimmy one would be for shooting rabbits probably no further than 40-50 yards, the air rifle one would be for rats and roosting pigeons around farms. I see some are actual scopes and some look like a mini tv screen connected to your scope. There seem a plethora on fleabay. What would be a good budget priced starter? cheaper the better
You need to do more research first.

If your happy with screened, you could do a cheap diy build for less than 100 quid all in and get the performance you are looking for. Increase your budget and you increase your range, battery life and resolution as you switch out the 'weak links' for better quality / better performing items.

If you want a dedicated sight, for what you say you want I'd probably think about a second hand photon with a slightly better illuminator for dropping on top.

Without knowing budget or what style you would prefer, it's hard to give solid advice but the bonus of an add on, screened kit is that you can stick it on absolutely anything and it's good to go, with a photon it would be more effort to swap it about between guns and re-zero each time.

Edited by Jax13
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd avoid the x sight as there are much better alternatives at much cheaper prices.

Add ons like the home made stuff can be ok for a relatively cheap cost but the mass produced shite like the nite site range is so over priced it's redicolous for what you get considering your looking through a tv screen with loads or wires and fiddly bits hanging off yer gun.

A photon is a good starting point and is best at short ranges, say 30-150 yards and would be ok for a air rifle, rimfires or .243. The next step up would be a 2nd hand pulsar which are ok but not brilliant. For around 800 there's the wardy add on which has the benefits of an add on rather than being dedicated whilst also been able to work out to 300 or more yards so a good choice for a .243 foxing rifle with a cheaper scope.

From there your looking at the top end pulsars which are fairly good but I've always had issues with the set up, lay out and ergonomics.

Going up another step there's the drone pro which is capable of shooting foxes easily at 300 yards and more on a regular basis if your confident to do so.

I've used all of the above and have settled on the drone pro 10x which is a superbly made and well thought out bit of kit, but it has meant the wife's not been happy with me as we've had less holidays abroad !!!.

As always your budget will dictate to a degree what types to look for but I'd advise to buy the best you can afford as it works out cheaper in the long run.

There's also the added cost of a spotter to consider. Using a nv or thermal spotter along with the nv on your rifle is deadly and I'd recommend getting a spotter before you fork out on the nv.

Just to chuck another spanner in the works is the range of thermal riflescopes available ... again going up in price.

If you can give an idea of your budget and insights into your preferences towards a dedicated or add on system and what ranges you want to reach out to then you'll get some more specific answers from the lads on here

Hope this helps a bit.