Mk3M Broke ?

king

I can't get any sence out of this Mk3m locator.

I bought new rayovac battery's today for the collar.

And new duracell for the box.

But the box is just making loads of beeping noises and flashing around the 16 Mark.its very erratic.

It won't switch the collar on or off.

Has anyone had similar problems.

I was hoping to go ferreting in the morning.

But that's not looking likely now.

Cheers king...

Best get up to mine immediately and I'll lend you a MK 1 with collar. Them MK 3 's are a bunch of shit. Failing that join your bootlaces together and do it old style. Lol. Jok.

I very much appreciate that offer jok.

Can't fault you.

But im off out lamping at 10.30 so can't travel to you.

I used to ferret for yrs without a box but am so used to 1 now I would feel lost looking in my pocket for the box lol.

And this little jill must talk to the rabbits lol.

As last time out I had to dig 3 times to a block end in 3 burrys.

No bolters.

But thanks for the offer mate.

give the collars a tap with a light but firm object and leave the locator on in locate mode for 5-10 mins..try a big fat magnet for turning the collars on/off... If its damp inside it might play up a bit.

give the collars a tap with a light but firm object and leave the locator on in locate mode for 5-10 mins..try a big fat magnet for turning the collars on/off... If its damp inside it might play up a bit.

I will give that a try in the morning vin.only just got back in.

It's been kept in the draw in the kitchen.so I don't think it's damp

When I out it on locate mode the box does nothing no noise or lights.

Then put it in search mode and the 16ft light flashes and jumps abit and beeps very erratic.

Right was about to go to bed.but I had to try the locator 1 more time.

Or I would be thinking about it in bed lol.

I tapped the collar nothing.then dropped it onto the floor and it working perfect vin.

The collar is turning on and off great with the magnet in the locator and the distance seems spot on.

I thought there wasn't any moving parts in the collar.

But a good bang and it's fixed.so surely the bang has moved something in the transmiter ?

Probably a bit of dust or something.

One of mine is erratic as hell and often doesn't want to turn on and just gives a wierd single beep.

I left it on the ferret and after a couple of hours of her being in the box when I pulled her out and checked it (was just going to switch collars) it was working perfectly.

I was contemplating giving it a good blast from my dive bottle to clear any dust out from inside but haven't got around to it yet.

Right ive tried it again just now and it's not working properly again.

I unscrewed the collar to have a good look.

And looking at the part that holds the battery's. There's a tiny square bit of metal that makes contact with the half moon shape metal.piece in the lid.

I bent that tiny square bit up about 1mm and it seems to be working fine again.so maybe what vin said with giving it a tap just moves that square tab a fraction.and makes a good contact again.

So fingers crossed I'm hopefully sorted it.

Had the same thing a few times with the collars not switching on/off ... usually after not been used all summer.. a quick tap with the big magnet a few times turning them on/off seems to work for me.

The locator does sometimes make that sound on search when there's nothing for it to pick up on...its usually your mobile phone or something electrical nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the collar was working but sadly it was fecked.

I sent it back to deben and they emailed today.saying the collar had a fast and erratic output. And it wasn't date marked.

And as it was a sealed unit they couldn't fix it.

But they offered me 50% discount on a new collar.

So bought 1.

I sent it back to deben and they emailed today.saying the collar had a fast and erratic output. And it wasn't date marked.

So bought 1.

How much, or should I not ask.

So bought 1.

How much, or should I not ask.

Ask away stealthy.

A new collar transmitter is £89.99.

They offered 50% discount.

So a penny or to under £45.