Ferrets And Rats ?

Riot

Hi it's been a long time since I visited this forum but I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question. I have been asked if it would be possible to catch a rat in a a roof space using ferrets. Is this something any of you would consider doing or would you be worried about your ferrets being injured by an angry and frightened rat? The person asking has contacted their local council for help but they don't want the rat to be poisoned so have refused to use them.

Thanks for all advice offered

No mate if the rat were to run down the wall cavity the ferret might follow how you going to get it back, I'm sure most ferrets would be okay bolting a rat, but thats it I think it will bolt and run around or run into the wall. I'd use a squirrel live trap or similar or big nipper style traps.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5

I had one farmers wife moan about rats i said stop feeding the birds outside your window and i can put some poison down , Oh no they will die under the house and smell , i went in detail they wouldnt then i would put some fens down , she was having none of it . next time i was there she had got rentokil in and they put poison down what about then crawling under the house and dying and the smell , She told me that was his responsibility to get them out now i dont know what shit they told her but there was nobody going under the house to get dead rats out

Live trap with a bit of bacon tied to the trigger plate.

You'll have it in less than 24hrs.

Cooked or raw ? unsure I could cook bacon and then not eat it myself............

I wondered the same . I used left over cooked bacon before in my garden to try catch rats but my dog sprung all the traps to get the bacon