I have a few rats on the back ditch and looking at putting down a few traps.

What would you recommend?

I have read a few of the previous threads and the fenns and bodygrips seem to be popular.

Based in Ireland where's the best place to buy them.

Thanks for the help.

I have read a few of the previous threads and the fenns and bodygrips seem to be popular.

Thanks for the help.

I'd go with the Fenns but the challenge is to sort out the genuine Fenns from the cheap Chinese imported look-alikes. The imported ones are not approved by DEFRA under STAO (2102) ans are illegal to use.

If you buy on Ebay the regular sellers of the geuine ones are itsareal1, moorlandspoultry , opuk2008, the-trap-man, 2013betsieboo , pestuk0118. fourteenacres and maverick060390.

There are two only two other brands that are" Fenn look-alikes" that are made to the same specification as the Fenns and are also approved. These are Springer and Solway. You can buy these with confidence.

Anything that does not have a brand name is certainly a fake as are the one just showing "MK4" or 07901551166

Edited by Tomdhu

Thanks for the help.

I'd go with the Fenns but the challenge is to sort out the genuine Fenns from the cheap Chinese imported look-alikes. The imported ones are not approved by DEFRA under STAO (2102) ans are illegal to use.

If you buy on Ebay the regular sellers of the geuine ones are itsareal1, moorlandspoultry , opuk2008, the-trap-man, 2013betsieboo , pestuk0118. and maverick060390

Anything that does not have a brand name is certainly a fake as are the one just showing "MK4" or 07901551166

Déjá vu.

TC

Bodygrips arent something ive really utilised which is a shame. I have one somewhere, big thing for squirrels, ended up getting my fingers from both hands caught in it, haha, sat like a plonker until wifey came in and pried it open. Ive either usually used fenns, standard snap traps and now the wcs. I think im possibly missing out..

• Like 1

Same here ive never had much luck with body grippers apart from squirrels at work caught them but the bucket load no problems , else where the fens certainly out trap them or what ever you call it