• 2 weeks later...

checked your page. nice work. now what would consider a good type for general use.for a left handed old fogey
if your not an experienced shooter forget plywood catty,s, they will fall to bits after 2/3 fork hits, they may look the bollacks but don't last, sorry to nick if that's his business but in my experience, ply catty,s are great for those making them but not for people buying, a proshot bloodshot is £25 made from solid ally and will last a lifetime, fires flats or tubes,left or right handed and in any grip you like and in my opinion is the best starter catty out there, i feel a bit bad for saying it as I know there are a lot of people making money from it, but it's not fair taking money from people just because they are a bit naive, I think it also puts people off a sport when there new pride and joy ends up in the bin after a couple of shots, were as a well made catty can last a lifetime and even end up spanning a generation, just look at how many original milbro,s there are still out there, even a decent hazel fork will take a good beating and last years that's why they make walking sticks from it, so do tread carefully

checked your page. nice work. now what would consider a good type for general use.for a left handed old fogey
if your not an experienced shooter forget plywood catty,s, they will fall to bits after 2/3 fork hits, they may look the bollacks but don't last, sorry to nick if that's his business but in my experience, ply catty,s are great for those making them but not for people buying, a proshot bloodshot is £25 made from solid ally and will last a lifetime, fires flats or tubes,left or right handed and in any grip you like and in my opinion is the best starter catty out there, i feel a bit bad for saying it as I know there are a lot of people making money from it, but it's not fair taking money from people just because they are a bit naive, I think it also puts people off a sport when there new pride and joy ends up in the bin after a couple of shots, were as a well made catty can last a lifetime and even end up spanning a generation, just look at how many original milbro,s there are still out there, even a decent hazel fork will take a good beating and last years that's why they make walking sticks from it, so do tread carefully

any suggestions as to what and where to get one greyman.

Ply Catapults Fall to bits after a couple of fork hits !!!!!

well thats the best ive heard yet , i sell hundreds worldwide and your the first to say that .... The ply i use is Birch Ply Probably the highest grade you can get "they will NOT break" !! Yes you will dent them with a fork hit just the same with a cast one , wood ones are usable in all weathers .... cast ally is like holding a block of ice this time of year ........ Happy Hunting .

That's a load of bollocks. Correct grade ply takes fork hits great, it's a cheap but functional catty to get the correct form. There's no single catty or catty material for everybody. What suits one won't suit another. But ply is a great cheap starter option and stating they fall to bits is nonsense as long as the ply is quality.