Whats Your Views

One of the best terriers I ever had early in his career would check earths at 1000 mph and passed quarry a couple of times.

He was like a headless chicken and a scatter brain. He settled down and became very reliable.

I'd rather see that than a terrier that looks over cautious going in.

Also when a young terrier fails to find or comes away I never ask them a second time.

I'd collar up a worker and let it go making sure the youngster see's the other terrier going.

It might think twice next time about coming out and ones that do come off (not saying your terrier did) by asking them to go back it's like telling them it's OK to come away. Terriers are a very jealous animal and if they thought another was getting what should be theirs they'll stay with it next time.

could not agree more with you there seem dogs go down because thete was another dog waiting must be the thought of the other dog getting to the quarry first some dogs just work better without another dog around
  • Like 1

Hopefully he's missed it through lack of experience ,and not the fact he's not liked the look of what's down there,either way I'd be keen to get to the bottom of it before close of business,which is not far off now.its a long old summer and be nice to put him away on a positive

• Like 9

As Smasher has said,get him out again and find out for sure if it was just a 1 off or has he had enough,c**t to keep him all through the summer for him to do the same next season,anyway good luck with him.

went yesterday dropped him he went fairly well but that wasn't enough for me I had to give him another go and he did it again
  • Like 1

Hopefully he's missed it through lack of experience ,and not the fact he's not liked the look of what's down there,either way I'd be keen to get to the bottom of it before close of business,which is not far off now.its a long old summer and be nice to put him away on a positive

good point smasher, long time summer wondering whats the score atb

Did the dog take any grief on the 1st dig before you tried him again,if not and he came away 2nd time then imo he really does not want it,its your dog and you that has to feed and clean up after him but if it was mine i would pts.