Pheasant Prices At Melton Market

i went market this morning and had a look in at the dead sales , the chap next to me paid £5 for 50 brace, i asked him what he was going to do with them and he said ;don't know ,i only wanted a couple of brace ; two minutes later he bought another 50 brace , 200 birds for a tenner and we have food banks

• Like 1

Micky. Went into our local butcher and he asked me if I wanted to bring in any Pheasant meat which he would gladly make into sausages and burgers. What a splendid chap. Wonder if the Melton guy was thinking the same way? Jok.

• Like 1

i went market this morning and had a look in at the dead sales , the chap next to me paid £5 for 50 brace, i asked him what he was going to do with them and he said ;don't know ,i only wanted a couple of brace ; two minutes later he bought another 50 brace , 200 birds for a tenner and we have food banks

Yh food banks I see them carrying ther tesco packs of 12 donuts and cookies. 2l bottles of coke etc. From the size of most them Its cleae they have there own banks of fat reserves to be used. Half these people spend there benefits on drugs alcohol fags and complete shyte.

Yh food banks I see them carrying ther tesco packs of 12 donuts and cookies. 2l bottles of coke etc. From the size of most them Its cleae they have there own banks of fat reserves to be used. Half these people spend there benefits on drugs alcohol fags and complete shyte.
There's an idea, hand out nothing but unwanted, unplucked pheasants at the food banks, could you imagine the look on their fizzy drink and cake expectant faces
  • Like 3

We have an odd system in this country. In the US hunters and fisherman regularly donate deer, fish etc to their food banks no issues at all. It'd be great if we could do the same in this country. For what money game fetches I can't be bothered selling it and would happily drop it in to such places. I suspect there's either legislation/regulations in the way or those on the receiving end would turn their noses up.

• Like 4

We have an odd system in this country. In the US hunters and fisherman regularly donate deer, fish etc to their food banks no issues at all. It'd be great if we could do the same in this country. For what money game fetches I can't be bothered selling it and would happily drop it in to such places. I suspect there's either legislation/regulations in the way or those on the receiving end would turn their noses up.

And the feral hogs get donated

My missus got given brace of pheasants Saturday and week before brace of partridge and rabbit.

My missus got given brace of pheasants Saturday and week before brace of partridge and rabbit.

I'm sure I watched some Doc' on Dept of Fish & Wildlife officers where when the officers confiscated illegally taken fish they just drove to the food shelter and dropped them off too. It's a good system. I thought a similar system here would put quality meat into the mouths of folks at the bottom of society and also further legitimise fieldsports.

I'm sure I watched some Doc' on Dept of Fish & Wildlife officers where when the officers confiscated illegally taken fish they just drove to the food shelter and dropped them off too. It's a good system. I thought a similar system here would put quality meat into the mouths of folks at the bottom of society and also further legitimise fieldsports.

Unfortunately I don't think many would know what to do with it or like the taste,they probably want it shrink wrapped and loaded with sweeteners and preservatives.