made this since Christmas from a spalted hazel fork, dimensions are the same as standard ppsg but the fork tips are thicker for strength, the eyelet in the handle is just for applying the oil and lacquer and will be removed before the final coat goes on, I will stick another photo of it on when it's all finished and banded up next to the original ally one that I used as a template

post-102539-0-02162600-1484581716_thumb.jpeg

post-102539-0-40591200-1484581732_thumb.jpeg

post-102539-0-96640900-1484581744_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

made this since Christmas from a spalted hazel fork, dimensions are the same as standard ppsg but the fork tips are thicker for strength, the eyelet in the handle is just for applying the oil and lacquer and will be removed before the final coat goes on, I will stick another photo of it on when it's all finished and banded up next to the original ally one that I used as a template

I am not into catapults but I know good work when I see it. :thumbs:

TC

Thanks for the kind words, here are a couple of pics of it finished next to the original for size, just incase anyone is not familiar the original ppsg is on the left and my favourite a small target sniper by Bill Hayes on the right the bands are 30mm straight cut hope you like it

post-102539-0-93917300-1484751804_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-74287400-1484751818_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-40505000-1484751831_thumb.jpg

post-102539-0-87910700-1484751852_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, it's by far the nicest natural catty I,ve ever made and actually shoots as well as it looks, but sadly I have so many it's got to go to a new home, so if anyone is interested it's for sale on eBay with a starting price of £50.00 cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cracking one that. What you used ha d files?

the original tree fork was about 21/2" fat so I sanded one side of it flat on a belt sander upside down in a vice, when there was a big enough flat area to lay the ally one on, I drew round it and cut it out with a jigsaw, then I sanded the shape into it with a dremmel using the large and small sanding drums that they use, you just got to keep holding it then sanding off any bits that don't feel right, when it's comfortable in the hand give it a good final sanding with finer grades of paper by hand,