Pcp - Cocked, Or Not To Be Cocked ? That Is The Question.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always cocked ready. Both springers and/or PCP when I'm out.   AND ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU KNOW IT'S COCKED!

Cocked mine last night   TOOK MY WIFE ABOUT 3 SECONDS TO EMPTY THE ROUND   she has some mouth   atvbmac :thumbs:

there you have it mark you and rez are weird   only kiddin

cocked for me as squirrels /bandits can hear a fly farting-so no point in giving them a chance

Cos it takes you ages to 'clunk-clink-clunk' dunt it :) The amount of time you've had rapids.

To be fair though, I have missed opps in the past. So you are right.

now now rez lol it takes me a mili second to cock the rapid rez but it also takes a mili second for quarry to disappear

A little bit of conflicting thought came back from another forum and a well respected member also :hmm:.

Once you cock a pcp the hammer spring compresses and the hammer engages with the top sear. These parts are the only parts under tension for a period of time, - the top sear and hammer spring.

They sided with cocking the rifle only when a shot presents or looks like it will present itself.

Basically " each to their own".

The HW 100 takes the tiniest of movements to cock it so I`ll stay as I am. ( cant ever remember losing an opportunity through cocking a 100 as yet )

atb Mark