Getting Of The Tar

Go to solution Solved by delswal,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well done mate , 1st get your mind right, 2nd be strong for a good fight against it, 3rd dont weaken, and you will beat it . ive said on here alot of times what to do on these posts, i stopped 25 ye

Four days i havent smoked a fag, longest in fifteen years, the vaping is taken the edge off, sweet.

Anything is better than smoking. It's great for those that can totally quite nicotine but for those that struggle or can't ANYTHING is a better alternative whether it be patches, vapes etc   Don't f

Posted Images

Here's what the snus looks like. There are different strengths, flavours and a white and original type the first being dryer and the second slightly wet.

It takes a bit of getting used to especially the smell when you first open a can, I wouldn't advise smelling it, there is a strong ammonia smell, and would take a portion out and leave it out for a minute. They're like small tea bags, you put one under your lip and your saliva dissolves the nicotine that is in the tobacco, I woke up today and stuck a vanilla one in straight away to see if I could get away with not being tempted for a cigarette and it's worked, for the last week I've used a mixture of patches and snus but tended to have a first cigarette to get my nicotine levels up and then not have anymore. The taste also takes some getting used to, generally like to have a drink of something with them, some can be a little bitter and peppery (tobacco taste) and they give you a burning sensation on your gum for a few days but that goes. There are some nice flavours though, so far mine in a Lime one which would probably go very well with an IPA or hoppy type beer.

Lung cancer rates in Sweden (where it originates from) are the lowest in Europe as are mouth cancer rates due to the preference of snus over cigarettes, there is virtually no health risk with using snus.

20170117_105140.jpg

• Like 2

Having a few beers tonight

Alcohol and nicotine (and also nicotine and caffeine) together help metabolize each other, it means that smokers can drink more coffee than non smokers and drinkers end up chain smoking the more they drink.

So after trying a few normal strength snus's and still wanting a fag I cracked open the extreme (Very strong) and extra stark (very strong) ones, also flavours I've not tried much. Not good in the morning lol.

The Extreme melon original is very wet (green can) instant taste and nicotine hits strong very soon, you can tell it's wet from the colour. The extreme vanilla is one I tried the other day, not sure if it will work well with a beer, seems ok with wine but I don't like drinking wine at all. The one in the middle is just extra strong and an original taste which means peppery, tobacco and a touch of bergamot which I do not like! If you smell it you will recognise the smell, if you can get past the ammonia.

20170117_224905.jpg

I smoked for about ten years, was the toughest thing ever to quit and took me 5-6 attempts. I will NEVER smoke again and my life improved dramatically without cigarettes. I tried all sorts of things to help me but in the end, as bird said, the only thing that worked was sheer will power for me. At some stage you just have to decide enough is enough and no matter how much you want one you simply are not going to have one. My only advice is if you relapse and do have one don't quit and start smoking full time again, reset, fight the urges and keep off them as long as you can, eventually you will get over them. I would also recommend going somewhere there are no shops like deep in the bush or something where it is as difficult as possible to access cigarettes and get on the drink(if you drink) I found once I got through one session on the booze without cigarettes it only got easier after that. Atb.

Do they stain your teeth Nik? I used to know an old boy who chewed tobacco and his teeth were fecking nasty but I guess the little bags might help stop that?

American chewing tobacco is nasty, cheap, full of sugar and disgusting. I worked with a guy that chewed and he was always spitting in to a cup he had in his coveralls lol

The Los (loose) snus I haven't tried, I imagine you would get more 'drip' which is brown liquid on your teeth but I don't think you get much if any staining.

The portions (bags) I have used don't drip even the very wet and strong one I just got rid of, so far no staining, if you spit it's a bit brown but no different to after drinking coffee tbh

This is much different to chewing tobacco, they're bags of pasteurized and treated tobacco, you just pop them up there and forget. The flavours are a bit hard to get used to because most original flavours have some bergamot but the modern ones are flavoured and many are very strong mint.

• Like 1

Do they stain your teeth Nik? I used to know an old boy who chewed tobacco and his teeth were fecking nasty but I guess the little bags might help stop that?

Just to be clear, it's a million miles away from chew, I wouldn't go near that stuff, I don't want to be gobbing brown stuff everywhere.

These are very discrete, you swallow any liquid which is not much.

Sad thing is like they tried to do with e-cigs....this is banned for sale in the EU for no reason whatsoever.

Aye it was American chew he used, little cups and bottles full of nasty brown sludge all other his workshop :laugh: This snus sounds like a really convenient and safe way of getting your nicotine hit, got to be better than fags anyway, hope it keeps you off them :thumbs:

That Melon wasn't particularly nice with an old Speckled Hen, I dont think many of them go with ales, the vanilla (which is a dry one so takes longer to wet and develop a taste) is fairly pleasant even though I'm not a fan of vanilla flavour.

However these two extreme ones have such strong nicotine I've no inkling of having a fag whatsoever.

An article on harm reduction, this will apply to the vapors as well.

http://www.clivebates.com/?p=2461

Aye it was American chew he used, little cups and bottles full of nasty brown sludge all other his workshop :laugh: This snus sounds like a really convenient and safe way of getting your nicotine hit, got to be better than fags anyway, hope it keeps you off them :thumbs:

Yep that is a nasty disgusting habit lol

Where our government and the EU has it wrong, they want to kill tobacco companies, they could instead turn them in to nicotine companies no different to coffee companies

Swedish lung and oral cancer rates lowest due to snus

Cancers-in-Sweden.png

Yep that is a nasty disgusting habit lol

I'll try most things once but I was never tempted when he offered me a pinch out of his tin. Funny as feck seeing him take a swig out of his spit bottle when reaching for a drink though :laugh: :laugh:

In short, some people can't give up or struggle to stay quit....like me

Every time I failed I was back on the fags because I knew no alternative but e-cigs and snus etc seem like a good way of reducing harm and while using a non dangerous form of tobacco/nicotine we can still think about giving up totally eventually.

Seems like a win win

Any of you guys tried the patches or the niquitin capsules ? Stopped for a few month on the vape pen but started smikjbg the odd cigarette or two. Bought a packet of cigs earlier for the missus and the packet was black with health warnings and not so nice images . Me and missus have both said were stopping now and I'm getting rid of the vape pen also . Just wondered if the patches worked or capsules were worth a go before a go cold turkey lol