Itching Patterdale

Hello Lads,

im after some advice please. I have a Patterdale with a itchy back, i have been to the vets three times and im tols theres no mites/fleas on her, He says its an allergy, shes scratting like mad and cant settle. anyone had a similair problem?

Bathed her, wormed her, drontal frontline etc, Help appreciated

Hello Lads,

im after some advice please. I have a Patterdale with a itchy back, i have been to the vets three times and im tols theres no mites/fleas on her, He says its an allergy, shes scratting like mad and cant settle. anyone had a similair problem?

Bathed her, wormed her, drontal frontline etc, Help appreciated

id look into her food or bedding

I'd take it off nuts completely it could have gluten allergy and feed it raw to begin with and make sure bedding isn't barley or wheaten straw. Oaten straw is fine there's no chaff in it. If the dog and kennel was treated for mites then it's most likely bedding or diet. Eliminate them one at a time until you see a change.

I have a Russell with a grass allergy we tried everything food bedding mite then due to a stint of night shifts the dogs got a week of road walking and his itching stopped now that dog get 3 Puriton tablets every morning pushed into cheese no more problem

• Like 1

Agree with the lads above. Had the same problem before when feeding greyhound nuts to terriers. Protein was away to high. Switched to different nuts with 17 percent protein and higher fat content and problem sorted. Raw diet is probably best for any dog but not possible for everyone to do. Hope you can sort it.