Who Would Win?

So if it's boxing Mayweather will win, and if it's UFC McGregor will win.

And its taken you 8 pages of arguing for it to finally sink in :laugh:

Not sunk in, your still bleating on about boxing, yawn.

I thought the thread was a bout an MMA fighter competing against a boxer...in boxing.

If anyone thinks all the talented fighters go to a sport where they'll be paid a fraction of what they would by boxing are deluding themselves.

People still buying the UFC advertising "AS REAL AS IT GETS!!!!" :laugh:

• Like 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully they never meet as it would be the beginning of the end for both sports.........if they did meet it wouldnt even be competitive.

So do you think Conor Mcgregor knows something about boxing that Pacquiao,De leHoya,Castillo,Moseley,Alvarez,Cotto etc etc didnt know about boxing ?

would you fancy a scrap in a caravan park for a hundred yoyos, a 3 legged horse a cart with a wonky wheel and a back full of nettle stings and crustys shite stained doc leaves? Or would you rather fig

I thought the thread was a bout an MMA fighter competing against a boxer...in boxing.

If anyone thinks all the talented fighters go to a sport where they'll be paid a fraction of what they would by boxing are deluding themselves.

Then why are boxers so shit now and the worlds best boxer wouldn't last a round in the ufc and before everyone starts saying its a different sport and a ufc fighter wouldn't last in a boxing ring yes it's a different sport but the simple fact is a ufc fighter will always beat a boxer

If a boxer wants a breather he grabs his opponent. Can't do that in mma as you know or you'll be put on yer arse.

A boxer cant grab his opponent the referee will call break is he does........an mma fighter can go to the ground get in a clinch and stay there for minutes on end before the referee will stand them up.......the only real way a boxer can sneak a breather is on the move an mma fighter can literally lay down and rest his bodyweight on an opponent.

He will call break but a boxer who gets hit and feels it certainly grab ons mate to save getting ko'd.

For a few seconds not minutes at a time like they can in mma......a solid punch will go right down to a fighters feet he will have no strength in his legs.....a boxer has to stay on those feet an mma fighter doesnt he can lay down and use his bodyweight to recover.

Your showing your lack of knowledge there and with the training camp comment unless you've experienced it you don't know what your talking about. I've found a lot of old men make the same mistake

:D yeah what would i know.

Ive found a lot of people who dont know what to say next just have a pop instead of explaining themselves ;)

You have now agreed with the very thing you have spent 8 pages arguing against its hardly my fault your bored !

Then why are boxers so shit now and the worlds best boxer wouldn't last a round in the ufc and before everyone starts saying its a different sport and a ufc fighter wouldn't last in a boxing ring yes it's a different sport but the simple fact is a ufc fighter will always beat a boxer

They're not so shit now,they're athletes the same as they always have been.

And a good wrestler or Thai boxer would almost always beat a boxer of the same level and size in a no holds barred fight too,what's that got to do with anything?

Does the fact that Usain Bolt couldn't compete at a high level in the 5000 metres mean he's less of a athlete than Mohammed Farrah?

The fact is boxing's far more competitive than MMA,so it's harder to make it to a high level.

The same as football is far more competitive than boxing.

• Like 1

Not necessarily. It might look easy like your just resting but it's constant work it's actually easier to rest in boxing than mma

What a ridiculous thing to say.......a boxer who is wobbled and under pressure is not allowed to clinch and hold its against the rules of the sport.

An mma fighter who is wobbled and under pressure is allowed to clinch and hold an opponent for as long as he wants he wont get stood up until the opponent stops working........these are not my opinion they are the rules !!

Not necessarily. It might look easy like your just resting but it's constant work it's actually easier to rest in boxing than mma

What a ridiculous thing to say.......a boxer who is wobbled and under pressure is not allowed to clinch and hold its against the rules of the sport.

An mma fighter who is wobbled and under pressure is allowed to clinch and hold an opponent for as long as he wants he wont get stood up until the opponent stops working........these are not my opinion they are the rules !!

Yeah...but his opponent is allowed to throw,elbow and knee from the clinch,so it's very different to clinching in boxing.

If you're not quite as strong or skilled as your opponent the clinch is a horrible place to be!

Your showing your lack of knowledge there and with the training camp comment unless you've experienced it you don't know what your talking about. I've found a lot of old men make the same mistake

Ive found a lot of people who dont know what to say next just have a pop instead of explaining themselves ;)

Not having a pop but to think that groundwork is a rest shows you don't know what your talking about I'm sure you are quite knowledgeable on boxing but you obviously aren't on mma

They're not so shit now,they're athletes the same as they always have been.

And a good wrestler or Thai boxer would almost always beat a boxer of the same level and size in a no holds barred fight too,what's that got to do with anything?

Does the fact that Usain Bolt couldn't compete at a high level in the 5000 metres mean he's less of a athlete than Mohammed Farrah?

The fact is boxing's far more competitive than MMA,so it's harder to make it to a high level.

The same as football is far more competitive than boxing.

Boxers today aren't what they were

Not having a pop but to think that groundwork is a rest shows you don't know what your talking about I'm sure you are quite knowledgeable on boxing but you obviously aren't on mma

I wouldnt claim to be knowledgable on mma ive never competed at it......ive done a bit with lads who have competed in it just to see what its all about and while we wasnt going full on its enough to gauge whats what.....but you simply cant argue with the rules......a boxers only respite when under attack is to block the punch or avoid it....an mma fighter can block,avoid or grab hold and stop his opponent from working.......the rules are there for all to see its not my opinion.

You have now agreed with the very thing you have spent 8 pages arguing against its hardly my fault your bored !

Not agreed on anything, the question is still the same, who would win if the both used their own set of skills?

I wouldnt claim to be knowledgable on mma ive never competed at it......ive done a bit with lads who have competed in it just to see what its all about and while we wasnt going full on its enough to gauge whats what.....but you simply cant argue with the rules......a boxers only respite when under attack is to block the punch or avoid it....an mma fighter can block,avoid or grab hold and stop his opponent from working.......the rules are there for all to see its not my opinion.

Not arguing the rules but I know enough about boxing to know you can clinch when you are in trouble and tie up your opponent the ref will yell break which doesnt happen straight away you break taking your time to back away from the refferee then immediately go back to a clinch and it all starts over again all the time your head is clearing and your wasting time now in mma same situation you get wobbled you try to clinch the ref won't yell break you will be punched elbowed and kneed on the inside all the time trying to block a takedown if you aren't successfull and you taking down you can still be punched and elbowed on the floor there is no rest in mma and people who think there is obviously don't know what they are talking about

No my da is harder than your da,,, i cannae believe this is still going on haha

I got an even better one tho, one that been bugging me sine 86 haha mighty mouse vs superman ?? Haha

Superman would melt Mighty Mouse with his lazer eyes. :)