Iv always been told it's fine too use ficam w in houses with cats as long as it's dry before re entry.(cat flea's) I never have done though. Iv done a couple of flea jobs recently and had call backs so nearly tried the ficam....Just can't bring myself to risk it....What do others think?

Iv always been told it's fine too use ficam w in houses with cats as long as it's dry before re entry.(cat flea's) I never have done though. Iv done a couple of flea jobs recently and had call backs so nearly tried the ficam....Just can't bring myself to risk it....What do others think?

Just out of interest what were you using to get call backs? Have you tried cimetrol super? Its got IGR as well as the usual "thrins"

Edited by trappa

Not trying to be clever, but are you / the client giving the insecticide time to do its thing and taking into account the lifecycle, and if a void /unoccupied premises the delayed hatching from pupal cases.

Managing client expectations regarding treatment can be tricky as nearly everyone understandably wants an instant kill with no more problems as soon as you go out the door.

Ficam w is my go to prep for the job. With ref to cats - get your advice to keep cats out until dry on your report sheet in capitals and on your risk assessment and then you cover your behind fully. And lock the cat flap to prevent entry!!! It may not be just the clients cat that uses it! This can explain away how some properties get frequent and regular reinfestation despite appropriate preventive treatments of animals.

Edited by talpa
  • Like 1

Just out of interest what were you using to get call backs? Have you tried cimetrol super? Its got IGR as well as the usual "thrins"

I have been using sx cyperforce for years. I added an igr myself until it was withdrawn....I then found not using it made little difference. The plain cypermethrin is still my first choice but Iv just had two jobs that it didn't seem to touch.

• Like 1

Not trying to be clever, but are you / the client giving the insecticide time to do its thing and taking into account the lifecycle, and if a void /unoccupied premises the delayed hatching from pupal cases.

Managing client expectations regarding treatment can be tricky as nearly everyone understandably wants an instant kill with no more problems as soon as you go out the door.

Ficam w is my go to prep for the job. With ref to cats - get your advice to keep cats out until dry on your report sheet in capitals and on your risk assessment and then you cover your behind fully. And lock the cat flap to prevent entry!!! It may not be just the clients cat that uses it! This can explain away how some properties get frequent and regular reinfestation despite appropriate preventive treatments of animals.

I do a lot of void properties. I will normally do two treatments in them two weeks apart.