Smallest Working Patterdales

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd give my right nut for another one like her, small enough to get there, strong enough to do the job

There wasn't a fox safe in the country, she's 12 years old now and still does her bit, priceless.

Small enough to get and strong enough to stay.atb dc

Posted Images

I've seen a chocolate bitch that came out of Newcastle and I'd say she was 8 or 9 lbs weight.

She was small but her heart was as big as my local church.

Even though she was in hunt service and I probably dug to her over 100 times I was never happy digging to her (and I still have a scar on my hand after crowning in on her one day) and always knew she would have no choice but to throw in the towel, which she did in her 3rd season.

Don't know size or weight but smallest patterdale I saw work was a bitch called tiesal bn lent me about 2004.she was about 15 months and nothing done .first earth that day my mates dog said no. She flew in and had hold of fox. It was small earth and we got them fast. Second place that day , again my mate unentered dog said no. Tried tiesal entered and was quiet. We got a mark way over about six foot more , we dug right on top of them. About five hour. Dead dog .lively fox .and enough room. Not to much bites. But backstabbing of the lads who with me about the dog after praising it all day. Anyway ,

• Like 2

I've just given a nice little bitch to an old couple, she was tiny and although you can say she'd of made a handy fox bitch I couldn't and wouldn't have her on my conscience. At the end of the day they've got a job to do, a weak little terrier is no good to me and if it did make the grade you'd never breed from it, in short wasted kennel space.

• Like 11

smallest black terrier i have ever seen that worked was near Trawsfynydd in the 90's a tiny thing of about 6-7 pound very smart rough coated and well but together for its size , it was far to brave for its own good and was only worked in small rock piles and for cubs , i don't think you could dig to it even if it was attached to something they could just keep moving

• Like 6

First dog i ever dug was a tiny bitch called tiger from rochdale

9 10lb bitch.

She was brindle and ugly as sin.

But she was still getting collard up at 12 year old.

She died in rockpile after 2 days of heavy rain.

Was offered to underkeeper and he nocked it back as pup.

Said was biggest mistake in dogs.

The bitch was fitted to a particular type of ground. Small earths.

Was owned P. stead lancashire

She earnt a place in a few guys memorys.

Picture to follow

• Like 2