Bsa Supersport Or Lightning

Had both and both killed a lot of game especially the Lightning.

Too many on here think if it's not a wierauch then it's shit well let me say I've used plenty of so called "cheap" springers and killed plenty my mate got a hw100 when they first came out was a pile of leaky old shit then got a 77 again Spring cracked and broke pile of shit. If it spits a pellet with abit of punch and you can mostly hit what your aiming at you'll be fine.

If you can fill a pot with a catty you should have no probs with cheap guns

How dare you swear on this forum saying HW guns are s*** :nono::laugh:

• Like 2

I had a BSA Lightning once and only once.

Crap gun back then when they first came on the scene, have they changed anything ?

I had one when they first come out ,killed absolutely freezer loads of gear with it ,a no frills tool ,think people are to critical ,make the best of what ever you've got !

Well done to you waltjnr if your Lightning got you and gets you "Freezer loads of gear", no disrespect but I wouldn`t buy one again.

I take it you use the Lightning " period" ?

" Each to their own " :thumbs:

Best Wishes, Mark.

No Mark,sold it in hard times ,id have it back tomorrow,shoot an old s10 ,and an older mohawk now ,both kill all i need ,and i enjoy using them,perhaps you had a wrong-un? i know blokes who swear by Fords ,after having one bad Vauxhall ,think life is like that .

Love my Supersport,miss my H.W 35 sold during a naaasty divorce to pay for getting rid of beeehatch .The Supersport has a Debden whisper on it an a cheap german scope .Pigeons fall when hit and taste very nice.Crows dont like it when their dead,would love an B.S.A multi shot but the dollars arent there at the mo.

So im happy to use it all day its over 20 years old but has a new spring and piston fitted 2 years ago and it works,yes there are better out there and more tricked up but dont care it,s mine and it works

• Like 3