Boxing Clever...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just watched that white bitch on the vid do the 7 min run,,,   got to say i disagre with alot of what was said ,,,is there any more fottage of her running on difrent land,,it would be intresting to

Some folks seem to be more interested in the numbers on the door than in seeing a good race and course ,A good fit experienced dog pitted against a good fit Hare on its home turf provides a good spect

LOL Another pearl of knowledge

Posted Images

Kim on the chalky and the boys dvds is very good at boxing she knows when to let them run across a field and when to put the pressure on. She is very clever at her job

Agree, she is a gem, bred off mike, pure saluki.. :thumbs:

Seen them dvds, excellent. :thumbs:

Saluki was bred to catch , its intellegence is in that process which involves the ability to read the movement of prey , it was never bred for anything else

Dogs evolved because the wolf was able to tune in prey animals and through that into us

The saluki may not be as tuned into us as some breeds but for his original job there is no better

The grey hound is now bred to race another dog it's not about catching anymore

Think about it if your breding an animal to catch another, it needs to run as far and it needs to be intelligent enough to conserve energy neither of which the grey is but the saluki has a prey catching brain , the intelligence of the saluki is in its movement

• Like 3

Like that red bitch in the first clip always have,

That saluki looking dog on the second was a nice runner also had a nice style. I like to see a dog work its quarry try upnand down the gears and nice and tight on them. Good clips boys

• Like 1

Not really done much coursing, but what's meant by the term boxing?

It's when a dog hasn't got the speed to catch the Hare and just tries to block it's escape.....

I'm a bit confused by your posts mate. In the 'pure saluki' thread you slagged salukis and coursing bred dogs off for 26 pages. Then in the 'fast dogs' thread you stated you'd like a pup from jigsaw's dog, which is a 1st x saluki/grey. And now in this thread you slag them off again.

Slagging off????

Yep

It's when a dog hasn't got the speed to catch the Hare and just tries to block it's escape.....

Do you want some tips, hopefully one day we will have your dogs catching something....

There

At least I have dogs doing the job do you :hmm::whistling:

If by dogs you mean tagging along without a hope of making a catch I'll stick to my thoughts of dogs that could catch. You never know, hopefully I'll be able to see your pit ponies in the not too distant future when I eventually get a dog.....

There again, and in practically every post I've read of yours recently.

• Like 1

I'm a bit confused by your posts mate. In the 'pure saluki' thread you slagged salukis and coursing bred dogs off for 26 pages. Then in the 'fast dogs' thread you stated you'd like a pup from jigsaw's dog, which is a 1st x saluki/grey. And now in this thread you slag them off again.

Slagging off????

Yep

Do you want some tips, hopefully one day we will have your dogs catching something....

There

At least I have dogs doing the job do you :hmm::whistling:

If by dogs you mean tagging along without a hope of making a catch I'll stick to my thoughts of dogs that could catch. You never know, hopefully I'll be able to see your pit ponies in the not too distant future when I eventually get a dog.....

There again, and in practically every post I've read of yours recently.

No slagging just a bit of banter, get over it pal.

I had a saluki cross from lucky that knew where the rabbits would be on our morning walk on a field, after a while he would stalk like a lion on his tummy to get closer, not boxing clever , but It was always good to watch ansupposed thick cross naturally adopting to its ingrained instincts on a rainy school field in cumbria

• Like 2

Good hare, good bitch, kim. :thumbs:

That video is very fishy indeed.

What can you see? I wonder if it's the same thing as me

What can't I see that is the better question.

The ending was abit suspicious to me the way the dog was stood with the hare and it wasn't panting as hard as you would think I wonder what happend behind that barn