Dh/gh Bitch

Frozen chisel, that does'nt sound too healthy

Its not and we literally have to run on it almost every weekend we hunt here where we live. Not only is it hard on a dog its hard for them to get up on a coyote running on that shit cuz the coyotes seem to glide across it while the dogs struggle their asses off. This in turn makes the race even longer which fucks the dogs up even more. Nonetheless we have dogs that do it week after week.

• Like 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The light brindle is a deerhound/greyhound first cross and the dark brindle is a mix of border and bearded collie with greyhound. The collie cross is quite small at 24 inches but she has a half decent

Here is a fine example of a coyote dog. He is owned by a guy originally from over yalls way. He is a littermate to my female and a very good dog. Stands bout 29 inches and weighs bout 95 pounds. He ca

I looked at that thread cuz I had never seen it before. I can assure all of you there are plenty of culls being bred over here. I look at some of the shit people keep and I just shake my head. Lil sni

Posted Images

Not a good picture really cuz I had to crop it so as to not break the rules of this forum but it kinda shows what I'm talkin about. The temps were very cold when this picture was taken. It was in the teens actually when it was taken but it had been bitter cold for days before this. The ground is rock hard and them dirty clumps are as hard as it gets. Dog takes a mile or so run across that stuff and it takes a toll on them.

post-11299-0-63091700-1485269426_thumb.jpg

The light brindle is a deerhound/greyhound first cross and the dark brindle is a mix of border and bearded collie with greyhound. The collie cross is quite small at 24 inches but she has a half decent nose and in the woods she surprisingly often seems to head game back towards me. Could be coincidence but it does happen.

I haven't many photos as I've only a small pocket camera and don't take it very often.Most of these are old.

2011_02080003.jpg

2013_10040010.jpg

2013_10040046.jpg

2013_10040057.jpg

2014_01090056.jpg

Snapchat--5317617990598707771.jpg

2011_01190015.jpg

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 7

Must be useful to be able to breed from dogs tested on that stuff. My own two run some rough mountain and forest ground some of the time and cut toes, pads, and stoppers are a common occurrence.

cooling%20off.jpg[/

U[url=http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/Hillyo/media/2013_10040064.jpg.html]2013_10040064.jpgRL]

nice dogs pal and very unforgiving terrain you run them on.

Check out this thread. A member by the name of Ky99le has an imported staghound.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/323974-staghound/page-2

I looked at that thread cuz I had never seen it before. I can assure all of you there are plenty of culls being bred over here. I look at some of the shit people keep and I just shake my head. Lil snipey nosed weedy bitches being bred to skinny scrawny pencil necked shit eaters. Before anybody gets all crazy and goes to importing dogs please make sure you know who you are getting the dogs from. There are coyote dogs and then there are COYOTE DOGS!

• Like 6

Check out this thread. A member by the name of Ky99le has an imported staghound.

I looked at that thread cuz I had never seen it before. I can assure all of you there are plenty of culls being bred over here. I look at some of the shit people keep and I just shake my head. Lil snipey nosed weedy bitches being bred to skinny scrawny pencil necked shit eaters. Before anybody gets all crazy and goes to importing dogs please make sure you know who you are getting the dogs from. There are coyote dogs and then there are COYOTE DOGS!

Aint heard the 'pencil necked shit eaters' for a while! Lol. I like that description of SHIT lol :thumbs:

Can't see why any right minded person would import a coyote dog from the states when I'm more than certain the uk has a lot more capable mutts to offer.

• Like 1

Can't see why any right minded person would import a coyote dog from the states when I'm more than certain the uk has a lot more capable mutts to offer.

You may be right. I have no idea. What makes you believe that the UK has "a lot more capable mutts to offer?"

You may be right. I have no idea. What makes you believe that the UK has "a lot more capable mutts to offer?"

For me I couldn't see the point in an import because with all due respect we have plenty of lines going here that have been running are land for a very long time doing there jobs. For the most of what I can see your staghounds and curs are not too dissimilar to our deerhound/grey hybrids I hear they come into there own on the rough heather over here. In the UK most people go for smaller dogs than you boys in general a 23-24" or above dog can certainly tackle all realistic British quarry no problem. How would a smaller dog fair in the states? Some of you lads would be surprised what a whippet cross added with the fire of a terrier can do in the field.

The more you read Dans posts the more you realise the commitment that goes into producing a line of mutts that are capable of hunting in a manner that few dogs could possibly attain.There are many well bred types of lurcher on these shores that would suit an American hunting kennel,i doubt many could cope in Dans kennel.Id own one of his purpose bred mutts and would love to exploit its potential on these shores and ive yet to encounter a coyote on my wanderings.

• Like 2