The only thing I'd change about mine is the colour and the skin, I've only ever had one bitch with a hide not a skin.

If they're doing the job and doing it well then all you're doing is messing with cosmetics at the risk of ruining the work

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 7

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By far the best answer ever to grace any page on any thread. ......and there in lies the problem. Producing good terriers isn't rocket science, finding GOOD homes is the hard part

You do know you made the easiest observation that's possible in the terrier game. There's lads in this game who take pride in getting pups off the best of breeding and try their best to make them qui

JAGDS ARE NO BETTER THAN DOGS WE HAVE HERE ALREADY , ALOT OF BLACK DOGS ARE FCKED UP THOUGH SHIT BREEDING AS ARE LAKELANDS BORDERS JRT BEDYS THE LOT AND A INFLUX OF JAGD WONT DO ANY GOOD RESPONSIBLE B

At the risk of putting my neck on the block I'd say that anyone who imports a Jagd has got ego issues. In much the same way as the numpties that keep Bedlingtons, they can't lay their hands on decent terriers so they get "THE NEXT GREAT THING" and sit in their own little corner talking shit with like minded fools.

You may well get a worker but you won't improve on what's already here......what's the point if not money ?

• Like 9

Depending on circumstances (tightness etc), if you think you need some improvement to your kennel of terriers eg. Size. Look to the same line elsewhere & use a suitable terrier. If not available look for same line which contains an outcross. If not available same breed with a tried & trusted heritage. If not available a different breed again with said heritage. And put this back into your line again testing the results. Discard if not a high enough success rate. But putting 1 breed over another over another wouldnt be for me ..JMO.

• Like 1

Has anyone actually seen a jags in this country put in a few good seasons worth of graft ?

Has anyone seen a jagd in this country be worked on a regular basis consistently ?

For me lads I've no axe to grind against Jagds but until I see one grafting better on a regular basis with a few good years why would you introduce it to a line . Same goes with any terrier ?

Also while I'm at it lol from what I've heard they're noisy fookers and are quick to fight I've no space for gassy c**ts , nah I like a calm confident dog

Jmho

• Like 7

How can you improve on a dog that stays til dug to ,please explain as I'm at a loss here .

nose, durability, improved averages of throwing dogs that stay till dug. breeding won't improve a dog thats already working, improve the ability and percentages of the ones to come.

• Like 1

How can you improve on a dog that stays til dug to ,please explain as I'm at a loss here .

nose, durability, improved averages of throwing dogs that stay till dug. breeding won't improve a dog thats already working, improve the ability and percentages of the ones to come.

Ding Ding. Lol

• Like 1

Don't think I've seen a line of dog in any breed without some kind of hole in it.

You do know you made the easiest observation that's possible in the terrier game.

There's lads in this game who take pride in getting pups off the best of breeding and try their best to make them quit. Only when they can say it wasn't good enough for them have they achieved their goal.

Then there's the lads who ruin good ,game terriers through their own stupidity. Again, there's another line that produces curs.

Any fool can find holes in any line, it's easy. It's so easy in fact that there's countless messers doing it every year, in every country all around the world.

What a genuine lad is looking for is the line that in the right hands constantly produces workers of a high standard.

NOW, there's a hard observation to make.

• Like 15

In a nut shell mate, your full of shit .

• Like 4

Brilliant foxdropper am back to pishing maself laughing. Lol.

• Like 1

Although I like em they can leave them over the water for me, don't do any different to what we have over here anyway. Too big n hard for me, wouldn't get to use them in most of the places I do, won't see them work regular cos they'll be in the sick bay most often and early retirement so not many seasons out of them for your over expense, but I suppose a few litters would reap that back in :nono:

lol okay then

lol okay then
First round KO winner foxdropper. Pmsl. Edited by MOLE265
  • Like 3