It's horses for courses in my opinion and I have discussed this with people before.... not everyone has access to the best digging dogs and terriermen to get a pup from, not everyone has acres of permission to go and test their dogs on 3 times a week so what are they to do? Not have a dog that isn't out of this and that dog and bitch or off so and so's lines?? You can only piss with the cock you've got as the saying goes and as long as you are happy picking the sh*t up in your yard what does it matter? I've just tried to get the best of what I can and then try and improve as I've gone on.... starting with a couple of pups out of the yellow paper and woo'd because the pup's had a fox brush in with them and the lad said he done a bit... 'sold'

I've imported 2 Jagdterrier pups and paid good money for them all in, doesn't mean I'm just jumping on the bandwagon trying to make a load of money or bring anything to the table that we might not already have here. Many hours, days, months of research and 'Google Translate' resulted in a pup from Germany and a pup from Serbia. Trip to Germany to see the dogs and kennels with an Iraqi asylum seeker taxi driver translating for me and I was happy with what I saw so I took a chance on a pup as what I saw and heard their made me think the pup would be useful for what I like doing. I'm not as blessed as some on here with acres upon acres of permission to work the dogs to ground but I am as keen to be out now as I was in my teens so the pup has been a good thing and has impressed me so far and we will see how she progresses, if she doesn't make an out and out digging dog then so be it, that's not what I got her for.

Littermates are all doing well tracking deer and wild boar and getting top marks in the trials in Europe and what I am seeing with my pup is pleasing me, she is proving a versatile little dog which is what they are and what I wanted.

Serbian pup is out of generations of regularly dug dogs and seams to be less a demon on top than the German pup and more keen to have her head in holes so she may be a better dog to ground, who knows but again... we will see how they go.

I'm not thinking they are 'the next best thing' and are going to be taking over the black dogs already here, they will learn a lot off my black bitch.

I can't speak for other lads that have got this type of dog as to what they got them for and what they expect, I'm just letting you know the reason I got mine i suppose and not everyone is out to make a quick buck and joining in the latest craze. Mine will be tret like the other dogs and tried like the other dogs and most importantly i will be HONEST with myself and others about them! If they are sh*t then they will go the journey simple as that, not kept to breed off and recoup my money.

After doing my research and speaking to the breeders I thought I have more chance of getting a decent dog from them than i would local or off Pets4homes etc with the different laws over in Europe where they can do more than we can here and the dogs get worked to different quarry on a regular basis. I'm sure a lot of you will be doing plenty and have superb dogs but I don't know most of you and most good pups are gone FOC within the group of lads so chances of getting a good pup out of tried and tested parents for the majority of people is slim to none. That brings me back to trying to get the best you can do and give yourself the best chance of having something decent! Then if it works well consistently, try and improve it like I did with my old bitch.... took a chance, paid the money, put the miles in and after a few years found the best dog I could find to cover her (much appreciated D) with the attributes I wanted to improve and was lucky to get a good bitch pup out of the mating that has improved some aspects where I felt her mother was lacking slightly..... by all means not the best bitch in the world and some of you wouldn't even kennel her but pleases me and the best I can get.

What I have seen so far from these pups is pleasing and impressive and again, I'm not saying they are better or here to replace the black dogs... they just bring something different to the table! Stamina is superb, nose seams superb, prey drive is superb, voice is superb ON TOP.... something different to my black bitch.

Anyway, i've bored myself there....sorry for the waffle it's been a long nightshift.... basically what I'm saying i think is... has anyone got a pup out of unbelievable dogs I can have and anyone got a few days out on permission they want to take me on :tongue2:

good luck with them , hope they come good for you, its sad that some have spoilt it for other genuine lads ,as you say its hard getting anything of decent stuff if you not in the inner circle, hopefully you wont need to look no further than your back yard in future atb.

• Like 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By far the best answer ever to grace any page on any thread. ......and there in lies the problem. Producing good terriers isn't rocket science, finding GOOD homes is the hard part

You do know you made the easiest observation that's possible in the terrier game. There's lads in this game who take pride in getting pups off the best of breeding and try their best to make them qui

JAGDS ARE NO BETTER THAN DOGS WE HAVE HERE ALREADY , ALOT OF BLACK DOGS ARE FCKED UP THOUGH SHIT BREEDING AS ARE LAKELANDS BORDERS JRT BEDYS THE LOT AND A INFLUX OF JAGD WONT DO ANY GOOD RESPONSIBLE B

I know that mate, as I said to you the key word there is "were" as I've been off the scene a few years, don't have a proven bitch to get a pup out of so I would feel very very cheeky asking someone for a pup I've not seen or spoken to for years.

I was just explaining why I got the pups, if it didn't come across like that it's cos I've just done another 12 hour night shift after 4 hours kip and I'm fooked.

I appreciate all the help I've had in the past without question.

It's horses for courses in my opinion and I have discussed this with people before.... not everyone has access to the best digging dogs and terriermen to get a pup from, not everyone has acres of permission to go and test their dogs on 3 times a week so what are they to do? Not have a dog that isn't out of this and that dog and bitch or off so and so's lines?? You can only piss with the cock you've got as the saying goes and as long as you are happy picking the sh*t up in your yard what does it matter? I've just tried to get the best of what I can and then try and improve as I've gone on.... starting with a couple of pups out of the yellow paper and woo'd because the pup's had a fox brush in with them and the lad said he done a bit... 'sold'!!! Turned out not up to much but hey ho...

I've imported 2 Jagdterrier pups and paid good money for them all in, doesn't mean I'm just jumping on the bandwagon trying to make a load of money or bring anything to the table that we might not already have here. Many hours, days, months of research and 'Google Translate' resulted in a pup from Germany and a pup from Serbia. Trip to Germany to see the dogs and kennels with an Iraqi asylum seeker taxi driver translating for me and I was happy with what I saw so I took a chance on a pup as what I saw and heard their made me think the pup would be useful for what I like doing. I'm not as blessed as some on here with acres upon acres of permission to work the dogs to ground but I am as keen to be out now as I was in my teens so the pup has been a good thing and has impressed me so far and we will see how she progresses, if she doesn't make an out and out digging dog then so be it, that's not what I got her for.

Littermates are all doing well tracking deer and wild boar and getting top marks in the trials in Europe and what I am seeing with my pup is pleasing me, she is proving a versatile little dog which is what they are and what I wanted.

Serbian pup is out of generations of regularly dug dogs and seams to be less a demon on top than the German pup and more keen to have her head in holes so she may be a better dog to ground, who knows but again... we will see how they go.

I'm not thinking they are 'the next best thing' and are going to be taking over the black dogs already here, they will learn a lot off my black bitch.

I can't speak for other lads that have got this type of dog as to what they got them for and what they expect, I'm just letting you know the reason I got mine i suppose and not everyone is out to make a quick buck and joining in the latest craze. Mine will be tret like the other dogs and tried like the other dogs and most importantly i will be HONEST with myself and others about them! If they are sh*t then they will go the journey simple as that, not kept to breed off and recoup my money.

After doing my research and speaking to the breeders I thought I have more chance of getting a decent dog from them than i would local or off Pets4homes etc with the different laws over in Europe where they can do more than we can here and the dogs get worked to different quarry on a regular basis.

I'm sure a lot of you will be doing plenty and have superb dogs but I don't know most of you and most good pups are gone FOC within the group of lads so chances of getting a good pup out of tried and tested parents for the majority of people is slim to none. That brings me back to trying to get the best you can do and give yourself the best chance of having something decent! Then if it works well consistently, try and improve it like I did with my old bitch.... took a chance, paid the money, put the miles in and after a few years found the best dog I could find to cover her (much appreciated D) with the attributes I wanted to improve and was lucky to get a good bitch pup out of the mating that has improved some aspects where I felt her mother was lacking slightly..... by all means not the best bitch in the world and some of you wouldn't even kennel her but pleases me and the best I can get.

What I have seen so far from these pups is pleasing and impressive and again, I'm not saying they are better or here to replace the black dogs... they just bring something different to the table! Stamina is superb, nose seams superb, prey drive is superb, voice is superb ON TOP.... something different to my black bitch.

Im sure loads of you will be thinking there are black dogs here that have all that and are tried and tested, i'm sure there is but 'Average Joe' like me that lives in the town, rakes about doing my own thing, doing as much as I can, where I can with what I have got doesn't know lads in hunt service or lads with kennels full of tried and tested dogs to be given a pup. I got the chance to get pups out of tried and tested parents by getting my pups, shown working exam results, video's and photo's and in the case of the German pup, to see both the parents in the flesh.

I could have lined my black bitch and had a litter and kept one but I didn't want to just use any dog for the sake of it, sorry to keep repeating myself but i don't know the men with these unbelievable stud dogs that are proven producers and my bitch still isn't proven so I thought this was the best option to get a decent chance of getting working dogs out of proven lines AND it's given me the chance of getting some hunting in different countries.

It's only money at the end of the day, no point being the richest man in the graveyard so if the pups are no good they will go the journey and I'll be starting again.

Anyway, i've bored myself there....sorry for the waffle it's been a long nightshift.... basically what I'm saying i think is......

has anyone got a pup out of unbelievable dogs I can have and anyone got a few days out on permission they want to take me on :tongue2:

what happens if pup tuurn out shit but u still breed it and next generation u get excellent pup better then parents. Or even better then black bitch u have.

Ive struggled my bollox off trying to get a black pup off two genuine good earth dogs ., i looked at these jagds got talking to a few folk and the thing i thought to my self was some of the best of these dogs are all present now in trials and below ground and theres video evidence to see so and titles to back them up . They cost a fair bit ive took a gamble hoping they will work out for me . They are a hard dog to keep though i struggle some days wnating to get rid of them lol .. but ive got 2 jagds Pups 2 black pups hoping i get some luck with them

hope they work out for you.i would say they have much the same drive as knpv bred dutch shepards or malinois.which can only be a good thing the drive that is. all i will say is best of luck with them and call it if their not doing the business.

I'm just letting you know the reason I got mine i suppose and not everyone is out to make a quick buck and joining in the latest craze. Mine will be tret like the other dogs and tried like the other dogs and most importantly i will be HONEST with myself and others about them

what happens if pup tuurn out shit but u still breed it and next generation u get excellent pup better then parents. Or even better then black bitch u have.

As I said, it is important to be honest with yourself and others as to what you have and what the dogs are. I have standards and certain expectations so if these aren't met then the dogs won't be bred from it's as simple as that! Bitch I have on here is 5 in May and not been bred from as she's still unproven, litter sister to MIK's dog mentioned in previous post somewhere in this thread which I bred.

Any pups I have had have been given away FOC and if the Jagd pups do turn out well and in years to come I do end up breeding off them then it won't be for money it will be because they are worth breeding off.

• Like 3

How can you improve on a dog that stays til dug to ,please explain as I'm at a loss here .

nose, durability, improved averages of throwing dogs that stay till dug. breeding won't improve a dog thats already working, improve the ability and percentages of the ones to come.

In a nut shell mate, your full of shit .

Why is he full of shit? It's like saying in the Bulldog world over here back in the day if a line was throwing game dogs how can they be improved on if they are game? There was still dead game dogs all those years back over here in the British Isles but only a fool would deny that the yanks have bettered and improved our dogs that were shipped over.

• Like 2

What I've found with terriermen is that there are some idiots, as with any walk of life

What I've also found are some of the most genuine, good natured fellas around too

People going out of their way to help a newbie like myself to get a well bred pup and to get out and about with them. Get me in with others

For all of those that've helped me, I'll repay with every opportunity I have

• Like 1