New Bitch Advice

A bit of tough love ,boot up d hole n out the back door

That'll really help with the bonding process and seperation issues. Sticking your boot in it. Wankers like you shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs.

Try keeping the radio on low where it sleeps or a ticking clock or watch Close to where it sleeps. I had the same issue a few months ago, so I feel your pain. I threw one of my old work boots into the box with the pup and that solved the 24/7 barking and howling, not sure why it worked but it did, and plenty of bones to keep it occupied takes its mind of things. Walking wasn't helping with my situation it wasn't crying due to lack of exercise, some dogs need mental stimulation. Atb

first you say not to stick the boot in,then you go on to say you solved a similar problem by sticking a boot in!make up your mind man.
  • Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While separation anxiety is obviously a thing I think sometimes predictable and natural behaviour in dogs, and people, gets confused with more complex mental problems these days. You don't say old the

Nothing for it mate ,you'll have to give up your bed and sleep in the cage yourself

They look a strong pair.You will sleep well at night with them about mate. I had a pressa yrs ago.burglars would be more than welcome to sneak in the house at night when he was in. Very good gaurd d

Posted Images

A bit of tough love ,boot up d hole n out the back door

That'll really help with the bonding process and seperation issues. Sticking your boot in it. Wankers like you shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs.

Try keeping the radio on low where it sleeps or a ticking clock or watch Close to where it sleeps. I had the same issue a few months ago, so I feel your pain. I threw one of my old work boots into the box with the pup and that solved the 24/7 barking and howling, not sure why it worked but it did, and plenty of bones to keep it occupied takes its mind of things. Walking wasn't helping with my situation it wasn't crying due to lack of exercise, some dogs need mental stimulation. Atb

first you say not to stick the boot in,then you go on to say you solved a similar problem by sticking a boot in!make up your mind man.
forgot to add lol

Do what you like Mossy with your mutts. As for my advice being bollocks I think you'll find a radio or another continuous noise like a clock does settle some dogs down and as for pups giving them something in the pen with them to keep them occupied does work. I was only trying to help the fella out, a bit more input than you give him.

While separation anxiety is obviously a thing I think sometimes predictable and natural behaviour in dogs, and people, gets confused with more complex mental problems these days. You don't say old the bitch is but even if she isn't that young I would say her behaviour is to be expected. She has been removed from the environment, people and dogs that have been all that she knows in her life. I would say that the stress she is experiencing comes from these changes rather than her separation from yourself when you leave her. At the moment. If the plan was for her to sleep in the kitchen overnight then be firm. Every time you go to her is just positive reinforcement of her actions, she cries, you reward her by letting her out. Ignore her. Easier said than done I know especially if you have a family to think of and neighbours to consider but how long are you intending to keep her ? Simple lessons/rules learned now can make a world of difference between having a dog that is a pleasure to own or a pain in the arse. She should settle within a week or less. But that means hard love for the people rather than the dog.

But also make sure that the other terrier that she is being overnighted with is not working himself. Being possessive the with water bowl or getting randy. That sort of thing. And on a positive note if she has bonded with you so early then she could be that dog of a lifetime and serve you well. We make the decision to own dogs, they have no choice in the matter therefore we owe it to them to give the best possible quality of life we can give them. Good luck.

• Like 7

While separation anxiety is obviously a thing I think sometimes predictable and natural behaviour in dogs, and people, gets confused with more complex mental problems these days. You don't say old the bitch is but even if she isn't that young I would say her behaviour is to be expected. She has been removed from the environment, people and dogs that have been all that she knows in her life. I would say that the stress she is experiencing comes from these changes rather than her separation from yourself when you leave her. At the moment. If the plan was for her to sleep in the kitchen overnight then be firm. Every time you go to her is just positive reinforcement of her actions, she cries, you reward her by letting her out. Ignore her. Easier said than done I know especially if you have a family to think of and neighbours to consider but how long are you intending to keep her ? Simple lessons/rules learned now can make a world of difference between having a dog that is a pleasure to own or a pain in the arse. She should settle within a week or less. But that means hard love for the people rather than the dog.But also make sure that the other terrier that she is being overnighted with is not working himself. Being possessive the with water bowl or getting randy. That sort of thing. And on a positive note if she has bonded with you so early then she could be that dog of a lifetime and serve you well. We make the decision to own dogs, they have no choice in the matter therefore we owe it to them to give the best possible quality of life we can give them. Good luck.

Cheers mate I'll take it all on board and keep trying as much as I can she's 11month old and makes sense she's scared but we have got a good bond from the off and my other terrier is very laid back and let's her have space and when she don't leave him he takes it in his stride I think he will play a big factor in bringing her out to her full character but I think I need to ignore the crying and be more patient and she should learn that she's safe and will be out in the morning thanks for the advice really appreciate it mate

• Like 1

Hot water bottle in your old jumper for it to lie on in cage did mine a treat has your scent for security and warmth off bottle be worth a try

Cheers mate got a old jumper I wear and I'll get mrs to dig out the bottle out also got her a bone so hopefully she settles and gotta stick to ignoring her I think because she thinks I'm going to keep letting her out so I'll stay strong tonight lol

She's just met the boss of the yard Callie the 1 on The right and it's went really well and the new bitch seemed more at ease with the pack so hopefully this is the start of something good

They look a strong pair.

You will sleep well at night with them about mate.

I had a pressa yrs ago.burglars would be more than welcome to sneak in the house at night when he was in.

Very good gaurd dog.

post-1341-0-60555500-1484087647.jpg

post-1341-0-50795800-1484087675.jpg

• Like 4

She's just met the boss of the yard Callie the 1 on The right and it's went really well and the new bitch seemed more at ease with the pack so hopefully this is the start of something good

They look a strong pair.

I had a pressa yrs ago.burglars would be more than welcome to sneak in the house at night when he was in.

Very good gaurd dog.

attachicon.gifspikesleeping.jpg

attachicon.gif20-01-06_2053.jpg

There great mate excellent guardians and family members bitch on the left sometimes comes out mooching got a decent nose and great retriever aswell strong dogs got a couple pups off the big 1 atm there around 10kg at 12 weeks lol

They look a strong pair.

Very good gaurd dog.attachicon.gifspikesleeping.jpgattachicon.gif20-01-06_2053.jpg

There great mate excellent guardians and family members bitch on the left sometimes comes out mooching got a decent nose and great retriever aswell strong dogs got a couple pups off the big 1 atm there around 10kg at 12 weeks lol

That's some weight for 12 weeks.

Bet you've go through some dog grub lol.

My young lads would ride around the house on his back like a horse lol.

I did try him pulling me on a bike 1 night.it didn't go well lol

• Like 1

They look a strong pair.

Very good gaurd dog.attachicon.gifspikesleeping.jpgattachicon.gif20-01-06_2053.jpg

I actually ain't brought food for 12 month got a butcher who lets me take as much chicken carcasses as I want so I go and collect 300 a time lol the 2 pups I've got were ment to have homes but due the messers out there there staying here until [BANNED TEXT] serious comes along

They look a strong pair.

I actually ain't brought food for 12 month got a butcher who lets me take as much chicken carcasses as I want so I go and collect 300 a time lol the 2 pups I've got were ment to have homes but due the messers out there there staying here until [bANNED TEXT] serious comes along

You can't fault that butcher mate.

The backs are great grub for putting weight on the dogs.

A pressa is a great dog to have about the place.