New Bitch Advice

Could [NO TEXT TALK] share some advice with me concerning my new bitch I got her sat from a house full of other dogs and kids n since I've had her back she's great with the kids n my patterdale but ain't so keen on my Presa Canarios and my biggest concern is her seperation issues I leave the room she follows and when I go bed I've currently got her in kitchen with my patterdale he's ace but she crys all night ?

I've got a cage set up to try tonight see if it calms her and ive also got the Run wich my pat usually stays in so considering trying that

Never had these issues before

Cheers in advance

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While separation anxiety is obviously a thing I think sometimes predictable and natural behaviour in dogs, and people, gets confused with more complex mental problems these days. You don't say old the

Nothing for it mate ,you'll have to give up your bed and sleep in the cage yourself

They look a strong pair.You will sleep well at night with them about mate. I had a pressa yrs ago.burglars would be more than welcome to sneak in the house at night when he was in. Very good gaurd d

Posted Images

Are you leaving the new terrier loose in the kitchen with another terrier and a presa overnight?

She's with my other terrier she's abit more relaxed round him and the presas are outside mate I just take her out and supervise them closely main concern is seperation I'm sure she will settle in time but wondering if anything I could try to help

A bit of tough love ,boot up d hole n out the back door

That'll really help with the bonding process and seperation issues. Sticking your boot in it. Wankers like you shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs.

Try keeping the radio on low where it sleeps or a ticking clock or watch Close to where it sleeps. I had the same issue a few months ago, so I feel your pain. I threw one of my old work boots into the box with the pup and that solved the 24/7 barking and howling, not sure why it worked but it did, and plenty of bones to keep it occupied takes its mind of things. Walking wasn't helping with my situation it wasn't crying due to lack of exercise, some dogs need mental stimulation. Atb

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 3

A bit of tough love ,boot up d hole n out the back door

That'll really help with the bonding process and seperation issues. Sticking your boot in it. Wankers like you shouldn't be allowed to keep dogs.

Try keeping the radio on low where it sleeps or a ticking clock or watch Close to where it sleeps. I had the same issue a few months ago, so I feel your pain. I threw one of my old work boots into the box with the pup and that solved the 24/7 barking and howling, not sure why it worked but it did, and plenty of bones to keep it occupied takes its mind of things. Walking wasn't helping with my situation it wasn't crying due to lack of exercise, some dogs need mental stimulation. Atb

Cheers mate take it all on board n try some different things out trial and error I suppose I'm sure I'll crack it in the end and find the best soloution

Nothing for it mate ,you'll have to give up your bed and sleep in the cage yourself

Been on sofa last 2 nights lol she just wants to me on or by me at all times I think when she's settled properly hopefully will get better was the same with walking all over the shop I'm sure she'd never been walked 3days with the pat tho she's got better on the lead

Jesus meant as a bit of a joke . general I'm no wanker , Jesus is there anything u haven't tried , give em ur bed ,put a bow in his hair and a lovely jacket ya dickhead

Funny enough Mossy, when I seen your comment I knew you were joking, but, when I seen the OP gave you a like I said I'd comment in case he took your advice.

In saying that, a new comer to any kennel is usually a pain in the ass and it can often be the reason dogs get thrown from Billy to jack.

General, the only reason that pup was quiet all night after you put your boot in it's bed was because it was unconscious. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::tongue2: .

• Like 1

Jesus meant as a bit of a joke . general I'm no wanker , Jesus is there anything u haven't tried , give em ur bed ,put a bow in his hair and a lovely jacket ya dickhead

Aye it was hilarious. Pups obviously got seperation issues and you're best input is to sink the boot in it! whether it was meant as a joke or not it's hardly helping the fella, at least I tried to give him some tips that have worked for me in the past and others, but I suppose that's me just being a dickhead
  • Like 1