Fast Dogs.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

id love to,hes done some phenominal work in the past and has proved pain isnt an issue,but where do you find an honest decent owner,never mind a decent bitch                 hejust do

This little sod can motor! (Fawn bitch)

Her at 6 months... learning!!  

Posted Images

I have a 1st x saluki /greyhound for the last 8 years and hes a very fast dog,weve had 4 minute runs with him once or twicebut he usually finishes the job in a minute or two in small and big land,hes taken ebverything put in front of him,hes had some real bad injuries and has bounced back each time,I am hoping to buy some pup ofsimilar breeding in and replicate his form...

IMG_7922_zpsxcdbohdw.jpg

Iwas considering offering him at stud but I dont want the attention of the morons out there that seem to exist of late

Love dogs of that stamp mate, my first dog was identical to that but he had the back legs of a rhino

Sadly he went the way of allmdesperate killers and ended up in the speed merchants retirement home in the sky many years before his time

Out of interest do you know his breeding ?

yeah,its on here i think,his dams a pure saluki,sire big coursing greyhound,dont know how his dam was bred but i did see photos of her on various game and she was doing a few bits and pieces

page 5 rabbiting salukis stiffmeister,his dams on there

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1

id love to,hes done some phenominal work in the past and has proved pain isnt an issue,but where do you find an honest decent owner,never mind a decent bitch

IMG_7926_zps1iscitua.jpg

IMG_1334_zpsswyukm4e.jpg

IMG_7652_zpsfkcrgud8.jpg

IMG_7649_zpsmtyjcngz.jpg

hejust doesnt care lol

ever think of going for a dog from coursing stuff instead of a first x jigsaw? Might be less injury prone... looks like hes done very well for you.. and people say saluki x's dont make alrounders ?

id love to,hes done some phenominal work in the past and has proved pain isnt an issue,but where do you find an honest decent owner,never mind a decent bitch

IMG_7926_zps1iscitua.jpg

IMG_1334_zpsswyukm4e.jpg

IMG_7652_zpsfkcrgud8.jpg

IMG_7649_zpsmtyjcngz.jpg

hejust doesnt care lol

That's a very tidy animal, how was his stamina. Did you run many hares with him?

he had a good 2and a half 3 minutes tops,but over here where I run if he hasnt done the deed in a minute or two hes gone over the hill or through a hedge and you see feck all of it anyway,he took a good few hares but I dont have them in abundance like you guys,He did 3 in one day and I usually stop if he gets 2 ,i am not greedy,hes an all round banging about dog ,Hes over 8 yrs old now and I think hes starting to feel his age after a good gallop about...he was a sports dog more than an out and out hare dog but I didnt spare him either and he never held back,gave everything whatever he was on

• Like 5

he had a good 2and a half 3 minutes tops,but over here where I run if he hasnt done the deed in a minute or two hes gone over the hill or through a hedge and you see feck all of it anyway,he took a good few hares but I dont have them in abundance like you guys,He did 3 in one day and I usually stop if he gets 2 ,i am not greedy,hes an all round banging about dog ,Hes over 8 yrs old now and I think hes starting to feel his age after a good gallop about...he was a sports dog more than an out and out hare dog but I didnt spare him either and he never held back,gave everything whatever he was on

Fair play to you jigsaw, you did well with him, in my opinion, he turned out to be a good 1st x. :thumbs:

Lovely to see your dogs bheys, I've had many over the years but a knackered back has put paid to my running dog days as I can't keep up with them. Some lovely looking dogs there, fasted I've had was ginger bitch, 25" mainly greyhound, eigth collie and eigth deerhound but bred from type over about four generations, cracking dog and game for anything up to about four foot tall! She rarely missed a daytime Hare, was mustard at Charlie but was by no means the best rabbi tter I ever owned. That crown went to a scruffy bitch of greyhound, deerhound, collie, whippet at about 23". She would catch any rabbit night or day but my ginger bitch was literally twice as fast.

Love them all.

• Like 2