Fishing Comp 2017

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kev won again lol 11lb 4oz Gary 2nd 6lb 4oz pike (biggest fish trophy) Fin 3rd 6lb 2 oz If Ive remembered the weights right Several members blanked so a draw was made for the wooden spoon and Joh

I can't make this year...but if owains going I will donate a full set of digging the dirt terrier books with dvds for the raffle men.atvb sean

Posted Images

Kev won again lol 11lb 4oz

Gary 2nd 6lb 4oz pike (biggest fish trophy)

Fin 3rd 6lb 2 oz

If Ive remembered the weights right

Several members blanked so a draw was made for the wooden spoon and Johnny won or lost depending on how you look at it :D

I caught marginally less than Walshie but I did pack up halfway through and went for a bike ride to the pub.

Cracking weekend as usual, many thanks and much respect for Kev for hosting, Dan for the barbequing, Robbo for the breakfasts, Johnny for the auctioneering Luke for the Jungle Juice and everyone who attended and made it so good.

Raised over 1300 quid for charity as well. Result.

Cheers, D.

I'd like to echo that too D.

Sorry I shot of this morning without saying goodbye, but needed to get the van back and Mrs A had an hospital appointment in Leicester that I wanted to take her to rather than having relying on someone else.

Congratulations Kev, the weekend was superb and well done on the second win. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Well done to kev for doing the double and organising another brilliant weekend ... also well done to all that turned up and made it a brilliant weekend and raising a cracking amount of money for a very worthwhile charity ... give yourselves a pat on the back one and all ..........

• Like 8

Kev won again lol 11lb 4oz

Gary 2nd 6lb 4oz pike (biggest fish trophy)

Fin 3rd 6lb 2 oz

If Ive remembered the weights right

Several members blanked so a draw was made for the wooden spoon and Johnny won or lost depending on how you look at it :D

I caught marginally less than Walshie but I did pack up halfway through and went for a bike ride to the pub.

Cracking weekend as usual, many thanks and much respect for Kev for hosting, Dan for the barbequing, Robbo for the breakfasts, Johnny for the auctioneering Luke for the Jungle Juice and everyone who attended and made it so good.

Raised over 1300 quid for charity as well. Result.

Cheers, D.

Sorry also thanks to White Van Man (Geth) for the dog food and Jim for the clootie and black pud, and anyone else I missed, sure the others will be on to fill in the gaps, there was quite a bit of drinking going on :D

Cheers, D.

Aye it was a great weekend again nice to see the lads again 1300 mile done not home yet had a blow out coming up the road ? After bumping up a kerb to let an ambulance past sake stopped off someolace to get my windows tinted ,now in Glasgow away to get my rock and roll bed for the camper a, a very tiring weekend again but least I was there in body lol hope you like your jumper Dave ??? best wishes to all me and Jodie x

• Like 5

Hi all

Final weights of fishing comp as follows;

Kev 11lbs 14

Gary 6lbs 4

Finn 6lbs 2

Bryan 5lbs 8

Bob 3lbs 8

Walshy 3lbs 14

Dy 3lbs

Arch 2lbs 8

Mick and Callum 3 roach

Colin 1 roach (happy to avoid wooden spoon!)

Thanks to you all for making us newbees feel welcome, and thanks to Kev for organising a great weekend.

i will post a pic of Garys pike if I can figure out how!!

• Like 3

What a great weekend, thanks to everyone who helped, donated, fished, got pissed, and generally made the weekend what it was....

Massive thanks to Geth (white van man) for his time and kayaks and Robbo for supplying the bait (the best peeler crab I've seen in years)

thanks to Exeter Angling Club for the free fishing on both the river and the canal.

Also massive thanks to my mate Lee who let us stay up on his land, with one of the best views around here, it was a cracking place to wake up each morning.

The Friday was hectic, as I didn't get back from holiday until Thursday morning and there was loads to sort, thanks to Johnnyboy and Bob who helped early on with setting up.

Evereyone mucks in at this event that's what makes it such a good do.

Saturday was a good craic on the estuary, we managed to get everyone a bass which was great, and everyone had a decent paddle, it was a bit mental with a couple of lads going in, infact Bob was in more than out with his kayak resembling a submarine, we need to get big Yorkshireman size for next time!! lol

Saturday afternoon we got on the tidal and everyone had a few fish, Arch had some nice chub, roach and dace after we clambered through a hedge to find my new favourite swim lol, Robbo and Bob had a good few too, Haymin tried the fly with no luck so had a crash course off Robbo on putting a stick float through with a centre pin.

The match was pretty hard as the canal had loads of surface weed over it, there were fish to be caught but it never fished as it can do, that's how it goes unfortunately.

Gary had a nice pike to take biggest fish, but we could really do with getting the cup back off Loumick if anyone can get hold of him I'd appreciate it.

The Sunday night was as good as ever, Johnnyboy was star entertainment running the auction, the coin toss into the back of a trailer was a new twist on our yearly tradition and the raffle was good craic.

Dan the BBQ man served up another feast (thanks a lot mate) and thanks to Jonah for supplying the chicken.

Also Haymin cloottie dumpling didnt hang around long (thanks for the smokies mate and the chefs special breakfast bap!!)

We had a few new lads and they all fitted in great, thanks to Mick (bud) for some lovely grub, venison and chorizo, chicken tagine and a pork tagine.

Thanks also to Steve (pil) for spending a lot of time with the kids teaching them how to shoot with his air rifle, Fins even asked foe a pair of your camo gloves now so I've grounded him for a week lol.

Anyway thank f**k it's over, I finished clearing away at 4 yesterday and slept like a log... next years is over to anyone who wants it lol

Below is the link for the virgin giving page, I'll get our's put on tomorrow once I've been to the bank (it was £1341 I counted yesterday morning although I was a bit hazy lol)

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/kevinmcguinness2

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 7