Working Bedlington

Trouble is people with these breeds won't let them go so they will end up in the history books because there's not enough about

Id breed out of two bitches this year if it would serve the purpose of putting pups in genuine kennels,thats possibly why at least 1 bitch will never see a litter and the other will rear a litter of 2.

I know what you mean it just seems a shame that people have to do this because once these people are gone so is the breed

What about mooching homes,the beddy wasn't just a digging dog,it was a poaching dog and rabbit dog as well,surely these homes could help keep the breed going before they all end up as poodle like kc stuff.

That's true mate I'd love a Beddy but I'm not a digging man so the only option is a show bred one and that's not for me I'd like to see beddys around again

• Like 1

What about mooching homes,the beddy wasn't just a digging dog,it was a poaching dog and rabbit dog as well,surely these homes could help keep the breed going before they all end up as poodle like kc stuff.

That's true mate I'd love a Beddy but I'm not a digging man so the only option is a show bred one and that's not for me I'd like to see beddys around again

Price is another thing,someone selling pups on pets4homes £550 each ,to much to even consider using one for working.

General Lee there are plenty of mooching beddies and pups from them but not as often cheap as they should be

I have had a little look for one a few times in the past but I don't know anyone with working beddys so it was only ones on for sale sites and I never found one I thought was a genuine worker and I don't mean digging just bushing and ratting they all seemed to be powder puff dogs with dreamer owners

the trouble with the persudo bedlington s is the stupid money they get sold for were as the real deals get given away or sold for 150 200 tops but id rather the real deal than some powder puff poodle its down to the owners to try and give the pups the best start by placing them in homes were they are going to get out and see stuff and not sit bored shitless in a kennel then when its 12 mths old taken out and expected to be some sort of super dog then gets passed on because it doesnt know nowt, i once gave away a pup to a so called working home and the feed back was this thing just wont shut up if i let it out it goes nuts and wont come back the dog was bored it needed stimulation in the end it was offered back and i knew an old boy who was looking for one so i told him about it and he nearly bite my hand off he took the dog on pampered it let it settle in and walked it up the mountain everyday took it with him 99% of the time they were in separable then i get a call he d lost the dog he d been working around an old factory and the dog had gone he looked everywhere put cage traps down done everything he could think of 2 days later he looking around the old factory cussing the dog he stood still listening for any sound went to walk on and the dog was at his feet it had been to ground somewhere it was caked in dirt and bloody stunk of fox but he didnt care he got it home cleaned it up kept it close but that was the making of that dog its never looked back as has turned into a good fox dog and now hes careful where he lets it roam alls happy for man and dog the dog gets out and about and its well looked after

• Like 3