Jump to content
lurcherman 887

Mount Everest

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Thanks for that ken lad , that’s a bit of a weight off for me ...

was worried a bit when I heard 

rip to him anyway. 

As for trekking it , it’s not as easy as made out, I went up the four day route up Kilimanjaro, most of our group had savage altitude sickness getting up . Howling 

588FE8E3-31CB-4870-9AF7-6E430EB1FCAB.jpeg

F714DD53-9259-4F28-B3D6-4B172F8A8D0D.jpeg

Nice hot country and you chose to go and hike thousands of feet and freeze ya tits off? hey if it floats ya boat lol..........well done rather you than me  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was listening to something on the radio they reckon 7000 people have now reached the summit....and for 50k you,ll get a guide take you up.

Surely not any old bod could do it though you,ve got to be a seasoned climber i presume ?..... id quite liked to have got into mountaineering as a younger man i can see the sense of personal achievement in something like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Thanks for that ken lad , that’s a bit of a weight off for me ...

was worried a bit when I heard 

rip to him anyway. 

As for trekking it , it’s not as easy as made out, I went up the four day route up Kilimanjaro, most of our group had savage altitude sickness getting up . Howling 

588FE8E3-31CB-4870-9AF7-6E430EB1FCAB.jpeg

F714DD53-9259-4F28-B3D6-4B172F8A8D0D.jpeg

Look at the f***ing state of you, all done up like Mr Tumble......I’d have jogged up there in my vest and give you a dig if I knew you were cutting about dressed like that !

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Irish men died in the last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jiggy said:

2 Irish men died in the last week.

Yeah, they went up there in 1976.....world hide and seek champions ! 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Was listening to something on the radio they reckon 7000 people have now reached the summit....and for 50k you,ll get a guide take you up.

Surely not any old bod could do it though you,ve got to be a seasoned climber i presume ?..... id quite liked to have got into mountaineering as a younger man i can see the sense of personal achievement in something like that.

For 50k I would want more than going up a big fecking hill once risking my neck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Was listening to something on the radio they reckon 7000 people have now reached the summit....and for 50k you,ll get a guide take you up.

Surely not any old bod could do it though you,ve got to be a seasoned climber i presume ?..... id quite liked to have got into mountaineering as a younger man i can see the sense of personal achievement in something like that.

You can do it for half that price with a Nep company,theres shoddy practices nowadays however,i was in Kathmandu last December and there was news of Nep companies not giving people time to acclimatise so they could get kickbacks from the rescue helicopter companies,its quite a well documented practice.As Stiff said theres a few technical bits,but its a trek and physical and mental fortitude with a slice of luck that's going to get you to the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

You can do it for half that price with a Nep company,theres shoddy practices nowadays however,i was in Kathmandu last December and there was news of Nep companies not giving people time to acclimatise so they could get kickbacks from the rescue helicopter companies,its quite a well documented practice.As Stiff said theres a few technical bits,but its a trek and physical and mental fortitude with a slice of luck that's going to get you to the top.

Yeah i thought there would have to be a bit more to it.....i can certainly see the attraction though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Thanks for that ken lad , that’s a bit of a weight off for me ...

was worried a bit when I heard 

rip to him anyway. 

As for trekking it , it’s not as easy as made out, I went up the four day route up Kilimanjaro, most of our group had savage altitude sickness getting up . Howling 

588FE8E3-31CB-4870-9AF7-6E430EB1FCAB.jpeg

F714DD53-9259-4F28-B3D6-4B172F8A8D0D.jpeg

It would be great to hear a bit more about that little jaunt mate if you ever get the time to sit down and string a few paragraphs together 👍

Edited by gnasher16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, baker boy said:

There'll be a ski lift up to the top in years to come

Starbucks have already applied for a franchise,there was rumoured to be a 12 hour queue to get to the top the other day,a 12 hour queue,edmund Hillary would turn in his grave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, WILF said:

Look at the f***ing state of you, all done up like Mr Tumble......I’d have jogged up there in my vest and give you a dig if I knew you were cutting about dressed like that !

I’ve pushed bigger spastics out the way to get into a fight 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

It would be great to hear a bit more about that little jaunt mate if you ever get the time to sit down and string a few paragraphs together 👍

Oh, don’t encourage him.......

”How I had a walk up a hill” by The Worlds Fattest Paratrooper And Regimental Grenade Magnet ! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yeah, they went up there in 1976.....world hide and seek champions ! 

I climbed irelands highest peak carrauntoohil. I got there an hour before my mate. Too be fair though he brought his bike.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×