3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Thanks for that ken lad , that’s a bit of a weight off for me ...

was worried a bit when I heard 

rip to him anyway. 

As for trekking it , it’s not as easy as made out, I went up the four day route up Kilimanjaro, most of our group had savage altitude sickness getting up . Howling 

588FE8E3-31CB-4870-9AF7-6E430EB1FCAB.jpeg

F714DD53-9259-4F28-B3D6-4B172F8A8D0D.jpeg

It would be great to hear a bit more about that little jaunt mate if you ever get the time to sit down and string a few paragraphs together ?

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow ,you must be the most optimistic person I know to think that somewhere on this forum there might be a man who has climbed Everest and yet been too humble to mention it on here . I v heard someone

my eldest grandson made the base camp last week, only 21, and raised nearly 3 grand for cancer research,very proud of him, and areal achievement for a lad of his age.

When I was younger I wondered if I could do it,obviously not badly enough or I would have found the means.Now I have the wherewithal but physically and more importantly mentally I have no chance.I met

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, baker boy said:

There'll be a ski lift up to the top in years to come

Starbucks have already applied for a franchise,there was rumoured to be a 12 hour queue to get to the top the other day,a 12 hour queue,edmund Hillary would turn in his grave.

17 minutes ago, WILF said:

Look at the f***ing state of you, all done up like Mr Tumble......I’d have jogged up there in my vest and give you a dig if I knew you were cutting about dressed like that !

I’ve pushed bigger spastics out the way to get into a fight 

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

It would be great to hear a bit more about that little jaunt mate if you ever get the time to sit down and string a few paragraphs together ?

Oh, don’t encourage him.......

”How I had a walk up a hill” by The Worlds Fattest Paratrooper And Regimental Grenade Magnet ! 

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, WILF said:

Yeah, they went up there in 1976.....world hide and seek champions ! 

I climbed irelands highest peak carrauntoohil. I got there an hour before my mate. Too be fair though he brought his bike.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

rip to him anyway. 

As for trekking it , it’s not as easy as made out, I went up the four day route up Kilimanjaro, most of our group had savage altitude sickness getting up . Howling 

Biggest challenge on Kili is dealing with the smell of the shunkies Impossible to describe ?

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

rip to him anyway. 

Feck it I gotta ask, what are them packets ya proudly showing off? Is that your reward for reaching the top?

Seamus Lawless one of the irish guys missing has had a GoFund me page set up by his family to try and raise £750,000 to find and recover his body after the insurance company he used are not forthcoming with funds,it costs cash to recover bodies from up there,thats why they are left.

• Sad 1
8 minutes ago, delswal said:

Feck it I gotta ask, what are them packets ya proudly showing off? Is that your reward for reaching the top?

Bus tickets ? 

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, mackem said:

Seamus Lawless one of the irish guys missing has had a GoFund me page set up by his family to try and raise £750,000 to find and recover his body after the insurance company he used are not forthcoming with funds,it costs cash to recover bodies from up there,thats why they are left.

Fair point too. If I climbed it and lost I'd prefer to stay there. It's a rich kids dream but the Sherpa Carried the gear. Why should another Sherpa die for a go fund me campaign. Them Sherpas carry  serious weight double the average man and don't get altitude sickness .Them boys would piss up that peak and down

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Oh, don’t encourage him.......

”How I had a walk up a hill” by The Worlds Fattest Paratrooper And Regimental Grenade Magnet ! 

Aw f***ing haha , liked by Ken as well. 

I can’t help being seen as the main effort of enemy action against uk forces. 

I’m not know as “the ghost who walks” by my African friends for nothing. 

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, delswal said:

They are packets of stokes ketchup , to help ease the pain of the issued food....

nothing to do with my wife working in their sales team at the time . 

Honest . ???