On 24/05/2019 at 15:42, mackem said:

Climbers will tell you it's not the hardest, but it is the highest.Its not the most technical but neither is it a saunter up to the top there's a company at the moment offering 1:1 sherpa assistance to summit it for £40k

I took this not particularly good pic of it last December, its the peak in the middle. 

IMG_20181204_092735.jpg

Honestly , I’m not taking the piss here , but they’re are technically harder winter climbs in Europe than in Nepal. 

Mont Blanc is a proper legit achievement  

• Like 1

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow ,you must be the most optimistic person I know to think that somewhere on this forum there might be a man who has climbed Everest and yet been too humble to mention it on here . I v heard someone

my eldest grandson made the base camp last week, only 21, and raised nearly 3 grand for cancer research,very proud of him, and areal achievement for a lad of his age.

When I was younger I wondered if I could do it,obviously not badly enough or I would have found the means.Now I have the wherewithal but physically and more importantly mentally I have no chance.I met

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Honestly , I’m not taking the piss here , but they’re are technically harder winter climbs in Europe than in Nepal. 

Mont Blanc is a proper legit achievement  

I know,but its Everest that's captured the imagination of most climbers,i think Mont Blanc only costs a few grand theres 20 thousand a year summit it?Sure I heard that figure in the past?

• Like 1

I had the chance to go to Mont Blanc bout two years back but I went to Kilimanjaro instead. Funds just weren’t there for them both. 

Same story for base camp. As mentioned a very good mate is up there now and I’ve seen a few more lads be there and higher last few expeds. Work wise and financially I’m tied up for three years , after that though I’ll get up it . Although I fancy mount McKinley first 

14 minutes ago, mackem said:

I know,but its Everest that's captured the imagination of most climbers,i think Mont Blanc only costs a few grand theres 20 thousand a year summit it?Sure I heard that figure in the past?

You can do mont blanc on a hike ;)

12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ll stick something together mate next week or so.  

I was doing a little job in Frankfurt once.....anyway, I had to meet a Dutch bloke who I had never met before.

So anyway, we meet and introduce ourselves and I say “come on mate, I’ll buy you lunch”

We sit down and his opening line is “I had a mental breakdown and was in a mental institution !!” ..........obviously it’s takes me a split second and I go “oh....nice....ok then” and move the conversation on.

We go off after lunch and do what we have to do......I head back to my hotel about 7 and he is only staying in the same f***ing hotel !!

So he rinses me for dinner too and we are having a drink at the bar and he says “I went to the Far East to discover where my mum was in the war.......I have a couple of pictures”

I say “Oh nice” thinking he will get the phone out and show me 2 or 3 snaps........

”Wait there” says the Dutchman and heads for the door........2 minutes later he is back carrying 3 f***ing great carrier bags......now, what’s in them I can hear you asking yourself?

Well I’ll tell you.......f***ing photo albums !! Loads of the f***ing things.......freighted to the eyeballs with pictures of palm trees and geckos !!......hundreds and hundreds of the f***ing things.

All f***ing night he had me at the bar going through the holiday snaps.......I had no choice but to get totally and utterly pissed or I’d have murdered him!!

Now.......where’s this story going I hear you wonder........

Well, if you do a write up of you climbing up that f***ing hill I am booking a flight to the Hague and asking him if he still has those holiday photos and could I have another look ! Lol lol 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 6
17 hours ago, WILF said:

I was doing a little job in Frankfurt once.....anyway, I had to meet a Dutch bloke who I had never met before.

So anyway, we meet and introduce ourselves and I say “come on mate, I’ll buy you lunch”

We sit down and his opening line is “I had a mental breakdown and was in a mental institution !!” ..........obviously it’s takes me a split second and I go “oh....nice....ok then” and move the conversation on.

We go off after lunch and do what we have to do......I head back to my hotel about 7 and he is only staying in the same f***ing hotel !!

So he rinses me for dinner too and we are having a drink at the bar and he says “I went to the Far East to discover where my mum was in the war.......I have a couple of pictures”

I say “Oh nice” thinking he will get the phone out and show me 2 or 3 snaps........

”Wait there” says the Dutchman and heads for the door........2 minutes later he is back carrying 3 f***ing great carrier bags......now, what’s in them I can hear you asking yourself?

Well I’ll tell you.......f***ing photo albums !! Loads of the f***ing things.......freighted to the eyeballs with pictures of palm trees and geckos !!......hundreds and hundreds of the f***ing things.

All f***ing night he had me at the bar going through the holiday snaps.......I had no choice but to get totally and utterly pissed or I’d have murdered him!!

Now.......where’s this story going I hear you wonder........

Well, if you do a write up of you climbing up that f***ing hill I am booking a flight to the Hague and asking him if he still has those holiday photos and could I have another look ! Lol lol 

Bet he dry bummed you

47 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Bet he dry bummed you

Possibly, I was completely f***ing paralytic by the end of the night.....but I figure if you don’t know then it don’t count ! 

• Haha 2