• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow ,you must be the most optimistic person I know to think that somewhere on this forum there might be a man who has climbed Everest and yet been too humble to mention it on here . I v heard someone

my eldest grandson made the base camp last week, only 21, and raised nearly 3 grand for cancer research,very proud of him, and areal achievement for a lad of his age.

When I was younger I wondered if I could do it,obviously not badly enough or I would have found the means.Now I have the wherewithal but physically and more importantly mentally I have no chance.I met

Posted Images

8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve trekked a few hills around the world  with a lad who is currently on the descent down from there 

feck that, walking past bodies that never made it? yeah that would really inspire me to walk to the top of a big hill, and pay good money to do it feck that.

Beach beer and birds in bikinis every time for me and if I see a stiff one it won't be frozen fecking stiff lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know , I’ve messaged him this morning as he’s the same age as the lad whose been killed . 

No reply as yet 

44 I believe the radio said 

5 minutes ago, socks said:

Guys name was robin Haynes fisher .....

Thanks for that ken lad , that’s a bit of a weight off for me ...

was worried a bit when I heard 

rip to him anyway. 

As for trekking it , it’s not as easy as made out, I went up the four day route up Kilimanjaro, most of our group had savage altitude sickness getting up . Howling 

588FE8E3-31CB-4870-9AF7-6E430EB1FCAB.jpeg

F714DD53-9259-4F28-B3D6-4B172F8A8D0D.jpeg

• Like 4

rip to him anyway. 

As for trekking it , it’s not as easy as made out, I went up the four day route up Kilimanjaro, most of our group had savage altitude sickness getting up . Howling 

Nice hot country and you chose to go and hike thousands of feet and freeze ya tits off? hey if it floats ya boat lol..........well done rather you than me  

• Like 3

Was listening to something on the radio they reckon 7000 people have now reached the summit....and for 50k you,ll get a guide take you up.

Surely not any old bod could do it though you,ve got to be a seasoned climber i presume ?..... id quite liked to have got into mountaineering as a younger man i can see the sense of personal achievement in something like that.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

rip to him anyway. 

Look at the f***ing state of you, all done up like Mr Tumble......I’d have jogged up there in my vest and give you a dig if I knew you were cutting about dressed like that !

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, jiggy said:

2 Irish men died in the last week.

Yeah, they went up there in 1976.....world hide and seek champions ! 

• Haha 4
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Was listening to something on the radio they reckon 7000 people have now reached the summit....and for 50k you,ll get a guide take you up.

Surely not any old bod could do it though you,ve got to be a seasoned climber i presume ?..... id quite liked to have got into mountaineering as a younger man i can see the sense of personal achievement in something like that.

For 50k I would want more than going up a big fecking hill once risking my neck

7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You can do it for half that price with a Nep company,theres shoddy practices nowadays however,i was in Kathmandu last December and there was news of Nep companies not giving people time to acclimatise so they could get kickbacks from the rescue helicopter companies,its quite a well documented practice.As Stiff said theres a few technical bits,but its a trek and physical and mental fortitude with a slice of luck that's going to get you to the top.

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

You can do it for half that price with a Nep company,theres shoddy practices nowadays however,i was in Kathmandu last December and there was news of Nep companies not giving people time to acclimatise so they could get kickbacks from the rescue helicopter companies,its quite a well documented practice.As Stiff said theres a few technical bits,but its a trek and physical and mental fortitude with a slice of luck that's going to get you to the top.

Yeah i thought there would have to be a bit more to it.....i can certainly see the attraction though.

• Like 1