• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow ,you must be the most optimistic person I know to think that somewhere on this forum there might be a man who has climbed Everest and yet been too humble to mention it on here . I v heard someone

my eldest grandson made the base camp last week, only 21, and raised nearly 3 grand for cancer research,very proud of him, and areal achievement for a lad of his age.

When I was younger I wondered if I could do it,obviously not badly enough or I would have found the means.Now I have the wherewithal but physically and more importantly mentally I have no chance.I met

Posted Images

6 hours ago, mackem said:

When I was younger I wondered if I could do it,obviously not badly enough or I would have found the means.Now I have the wherewithal but physically and more importantly mentally I have no chance.I met a guy who has done it twice,passed 7 corpses as he did so,I am in the mountaineering museum as I type this drinking a coffee,the pics of frostbitten faces and fingers looks grim.

IMG_20181201_114937.jpg

IMG_20181201_115629.jpg

IMG_20181201_114531.jpg

lol i once climbed  snowdon  .. well you have to start somewere    :thumbs:

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, mackem said:

When I was younger I wondered if I could do it,obviously not badly enough or I would have found the means.Now I have the wherewithal but physically and more importantly mentally I have no chance.I met a guy who has done it twice,passed 7 corpses as he did so,I am in the mountaineering museum as I type this drinking a coffee,the pics of frostbitten faces and fingers looks grim.

IMG_20181201_114937.jpg

IMG_20181201_115629.jpg

IMG_20181201_114531.jpg

Is that what don means when he calls me noodle legs. If so mine are bit bigger than them 

• Haha 3

Think if I lived in a land with an alleged Bigfoot/yeti population I,d have to have a little pop at looking, biggest problem with tracks in snow is they grow every time the sun shines on them, maybe if I,ve the time left when I,ve proven the big cat case then found Madeleine McCann I,ll have a look ?????

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 5 months later...

Two people died this week waiting in the queue to take selfies at the peak,i think there was 2-300 people in the queue,its lost its exclusivity and cachet somehow.

AABNmHC.jpg

AABPs1X.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, mackem said:

Two people died this week waiting in the queue to take selfies at the peak,i think there was 2-300 people in the queue,its lost its exclusivity and cachet somehow.

AABNmHC.jpg

AABPs1X.jpg

Very true. It’s still quite an achievement getting to the top but maybe the modern kit and organisation mean it’s now do-able for a great many, rather than just a few. 

Sad to see these pictures. A bit like when you see a film shot of a lion looking all windswept and majestic on the savannah.., then the camera pans round to show 50 motors full of japs and fat yanks and about 200 lenses pointed at it. It’s definitely lost a bit of the mystique and wildness that it once had.., and maybe should be left with. Or maybe I’m talking pish and, it’s just a hill ?

• Like 6

Looking at the pic above, do they actually climb Everest or is it just the mother fecker of all organised clambering hikes? Could not imagine as many folks like that in a queue climbing. 

12 minutes ago, delswal said:

Looking at the pic above, do they actually climb Everest or is it just the mother fecker of all organised clambering hikes? Could not imagine as many folks like that in a queue climbing. 

Climbers will tell you it's not the hardest, but it is the highest.Its not the most technical but neither is it a saunter up to the top there's a company at the moment offering 1:1 sherpa assistance to summit it for £40k

I took this not particularly good pic of it last December, its the peak in the middle. 

IMG_20181204_092735.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 16:24, walshie said:

A guy I worked with went as far as base camp.

my eldest grandson made the base camp last week, only 21, and raised nearly 3 grand for cancer research,very proud of him, and areal achievement for a lad of his age.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, grompz said:

You must be proud as punch mate,well done,and a really good cause as well.

• Thanks 1
On 24/05/2019 at 15:20, delswal said:

I think you can climb parts of it , but it’s more of a trek really 

• Like 1