Quad For Knocking About On ( How Much )

I know absolutely nothing about these , but my old legs are about feced

So I'm thinking about getting one for a bit of fun , around the farms, and save my legs

( just had a total knee replacement) and it's killing me

Thinking about one that can be driven up onto the back of a l200 , instead of a trailer

Just makes life a bit more easier at my age

Thanks in advance

Atb

Dave

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i definitely think Honda a better bike every farm I go on owns a Honda the only people I see buying yams are the ones who want to go up the mountain and they don't last to long Honda for me all the wa

3 wheelers are killing machines, until you learn to ride them properly, had hours of fun on them, and some severe accidents as well lol, no disrespect, but if your of an older persuasion, stick to the

Thanks moxey I take it that you'll be looking for a lend of it then

Posted Images

Quads are more than you think unless you want a really tatty one. Avoid chinese ones at all costs.

Moxy is the man to ask. He has one I think small enough to possibly fit in a pickup? I know it goes like stink even with a big fatty sitting on the back. :laugh:

3 wheelers are killing machines, until you learn to ride them properly, had hours of fun on them, and some severe accidents as well lol, no disrespect, but if your of an older persuasion, stick to the four wheels.

Some of the smaller Honda's fit in the back of a pick up, my big one fits in the ranger, but your talking about needing good stable ramps, and they can be a pain to lug about as well, seen a few people go tits up driving quads up ramps as well ! Depends how fit and agile you are I guess.

I sold a Kawasaki 250, only 2 wheel drive but was near impossible to get stuck, would go anywhere, and was a lot lighter than the 4's, maybe worth looking for something like that.

How far away are the perms, what about a road gator, no messing around then, get in it an go, enclosed cab so all weather, 4wd shooting buggy,

• Like 2

A little 250 will suit you fine David. It will fit on your truck and if it gets bogged they are light enough to rag out by hand.

As already said. Don't by cheap. It will only drop to bits and parts are hard to get hold of.

Personally I would go for a Honda. Yammy and Suzuki parts are a bit dearer.

TRX 250. The newer the better or well looked after.

Your looking at 1.5-2k

And it will handle with a fat nacker on the back :laugh: