Queen's Dog To Be Banned

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lot of speculation.   Yes, springer blood came into cockers and if it hadn't then we would not have cockers now that were as good as what we have.   I have cockers because i like them, they will d

They are only sprockers when they win. If they don't win they are cockers.

At this point, does it honestly change anything? I still don't really understand all the fuss over this cross breeding. There should be a cocker working standard and a springer working standard a

If we're to believe the comments of those protesting, a Sprocker has an unfair advantage in a Cocker trial. So it begs the question why continue to breed Cockers? Clearly the trialing folk believe they're substandard!

Seems f***ing ridiculous to me.

• Like 1

Lot of speculation.

Yes, springer blood came into cockers and if it hadn't then we would not have cockers now that were as good as what we have.

I have cockers because i like them, they will do a day easy and 2 days just fine but much more without a rest and they will struggle (or pace themselves which is infuriating). However at the same time there are plenty of all sorts of dogs that cant do a full day because if fitness levels.

In any case, she didnt win so cant have had that much of an advantage!!

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I have just had a right old sickener regarding this kind of thing , I have just had the wisdom dna test done on my cocker bitch, I own and bred her dam, I own the sire , I owned her grandmother,, it turns out my bitches great grandmother on her dams side Is an English springer spaniel ,, nothing I can do to about it ,, according to the pedigree the person who bred this "springer" used a ftc cocker onto there bitch , they have a kc prefix so I might try and track them down that way , a pal of mine has had a similar experience lately also with a cocker but says the kennel club wern,t any help .

18 hours ago, belucky said:

I have just had a right old sickener regarding this kind of thing , I have just had the wisdom dna test done on my cocker bitch, I own and bred her dam, I own the sire , I owned her grandmother,, it turns out my bitches great grandmother on her dams side Is an English springer spaniel ,, nothing I can do to about it ,, according to the pedigree the person who bred this "springer" used a ftc cocker onto there bitch , they have a kc prefix so I might try and track them down that way , a pal of mine has had a similar experience lately also with a cocker but says the kennel club wern,t any help .

I had a look at those dna tests before. They can be very hit and miss