Whats The Next Best Scope Apart From- 3X9-56 ?

hi guys, what is the next step up with better vision scope ect other than the 3x9-56 ? try hitting a 50p from 100 yards with a 3x9-56, good luck, ( otherwise i need speacail glasses) lol :laugh: , somone give me a better scope at a used price site please , ATB foxtails :thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This'll give you some idea of the size of target that we have to hit.   A few millimetres can make the difference between a nice clean kill and a screamer.

Ok, I'll stick my 2 pence worth in.........   Now, I don't meant to teach you how to suck eggs but, I think you're looking at it wrong. Different/better kit won't give you better results - that will

A 3-9x56 isn't the best scope. Its just a range of mag and the size of the objective lens. Build quality varies massively! Buy the best scope you can afford and sportsmatch mounts. And don't expect to

Posted Images

A 3-9x56 isn't the best scope. Its just a range of mag and the size of the objective lens. Build quality varies massively! Buy the best scope you can afford and sportsmatch mounts. And don't expect to hit 50p coins at 100 yards it's a hw90 you have again isn't it?, if I remember you rightly. Save your pennies, buy a better scope and lower your expecations of 100 yard 50p shots ffs.

• Like 5

Why you want to hit a fifty pence piece at a hundred yards with a airgun ? That's a job for a rim fire just shot at a range you feel comfortable with and you will feel less stressed and probably shoot better

• Like 1

In a reasoned pm i told you i may have a set of hawk vantage 3,9,40 ao ir scopes off a friend for you

for free no charge and i was going to send them down to you

then you ask,d if a hawk vantage was better than a cheep chine,s 3,9,56 scope

as it turned out the friend kept them for another rifle he was getting

ill let the lads answer your question about the scopes

IF IM HONEST IT P8SSED ME OFF A BIT AS IV OFFERED TO GET YOU A SET OF SCOPES FOR NOTHING

EVEN THROUGH YOU OFFERED TO PAY FOR THEM TO ASK ME IF THERE BETTER THAN A CHINES SET OF £27 SCOPE .

SO COME ON LADS WHATS BETTER A £27 SCOPE OR A HAWK VANTAGE 3,9,40 AO IR SCOPE

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

In a reasoned pm i told you i may have a set of hawk vantage 3,9,40 ao ir scopes off a friend for you

IF IM HONEST IT P8SSED ME OFF A BIT AS IV OFFERED TO GET YOU A SET OF SCOPES FOR NOTHING

EVEN THROUGH YOU OFFERED TO PAY FOR THEM TO ASK ME IF THERE BETTER THAN A CHINES SET OF £27 SCOPE .

Chinese? :angel:

I thought they were the same :whistling:

Ok so iv got an IQ of 0

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Ok so iv got an IQ of 0

:tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Feck me, Mensa were generous. ............:laugh:
  • Like 2

i just want to buy a better scope for the rifle that i have, hitting at target / rabbit at about 60 yards , head shot. thats all, what scope will give me that ? cheers. thanks in advance FT :thumbs:

Why do you need to shoot a rabbit at 60 yards? It's not the scope that will do that, it's the gun and ability.

IMO it's too far for a regular airgun, especially for a new shooter.

i just want to buy a better scope for the rifle that i have, hitting at target / rabbit at about 60 yards , head shot. thats all, what scope will give me that ? cheers. thanks in advance FT :thumbs:

Ok, I'll stick my 2 pence worth in.........

Now, I don't meant to teach you how to suck eggs but, I think you're looking at it wrong. Different/better kit won't give you better results - that will only come with time and lots of practice. (Have a read through the hunting section)

Air rifle hunting isn't just about shooting - you need to learn fieldcraft, your preys anatomy, your preys habbits.

You also need to know your kit - what's the best pellet for your rifle? What are it's impact points at various ranges? How is the windage affected at different ranges? Are you consistent with your hold and shot?

Your rifle is more than capable of taking airgun quarry and, in my opinion, a 3-9x40 scope on low mounts would be perfect for it.

I recently saw my shooting buddy take a rabbit at 73yrds with a pcp - he hunts with his scope on 5x mag. However, he's been doing this for years and, the conditions were perfect.

...... It's not a shot that I would have attempted because, quite simply, I'm not good enough to make that shot.

Even if you zero your kit at 60yrds and sit in ambush at that distance, you'll miss most of them.

..... Try it on a target at 45yrds - draw a 1/2" circle on paper and, rezero your kit. Can you get 10 shots in there?

When I hunt I try to stalk to under 40yrds - closer if I can.

At 60yrds you might get lucky once or twice, you'll miss loads and, you'll injure a few. Also, you'll educate your quarry and make even harder for yourself.

Air rifle hunting is fun and can be very rewarding. It can be done with a cheap springer and a little 4x32 scope but, like I said, it takes practice, lots of practice.

If you're hell bent on a bigger scope, give me £270 and I'll send you one - it won't help though.

Seriously, spend some quality time with the kit that you have - your abilities and confidence will improve and, you'll be pleased that you did.

Good luck and atb

• Like 7