Pure Greyhounds

Had a brindle dog useless on rabbits,caught and killed a couple of foxes,would not stop chasing roos,. knocked out twice by these.Really soft feet, would bleed every time out.Very fast and loyal,great guard dog at home,but would trip over its own feet when ferreting.

• Like 1

First running dog I had, broke to ferrets no probs had a few rabbits with her, the older she got the more injuries she picked up her back feet ended up almost flat, she saw her days out with my parents curled up by the fire.

Ran a big strong bitch in the early 1980s - killed lots of foxes with her.

But she would run anything that moved and in the middle of sheep country it was always going to go tits up.

Couldn't fault her fire and determination but she had no wind and was easily injured.

Good fun though!

They are usually sheep stacking numptys

Maby you should train your greyhound better then mate if a dog is killing sheep thats the owners foult for not puting time stock bracking simple as that for me .

ha there you go pal never had one seen enough bell ends thinking their dog men I've got a greyhound chasing anything that moves you prick all my dogs are stock broke lads on here can vouch for that the ones I seen all left this planet the same way barrelled by local farmers funny how I can go on these places with no probs

Maby you should train your greyhound better then mate if a dog is killing sheep thats the owners foult for not puting time stock bracking simple as that for me .
ha there you go pal never had one seen enough bell ends thinking their dog men I've got a greyhound chasing anything that moves you prick all my dogs are stock broke lads on here can vouch for that the ones I seen all left this planet the same way barrelled by local farmers funny how I can go on these places with no probs
Ok mate Your the one that said (They are usually sheep stacking numptys) = a dog is not stock broken. Just thort it was a bit of a bellend comment to make. Why is a greyhond any diffrent to any other dog that has a strong preydrive? Be it pitbull,terrier,Spaniel etc

iv only seen two pure greyhounds one worker took all quarry wouldnt look at stock and the other was a pet on a footpath with sheep all over the place so im only going of my little experiance

Edited by green dragon

Ok mate Your the one that said (They are usually sheep stacking numptys) = a dog is not stock broken. Just thort it was a bit of a bellend comment to make. Why is a greyhond any diffrent to any other dog that has a strong preydrive? Be it pitbull,terrier,Spaniel etc

iv only seen two pure greyhounds one worker took all quarry wouldnt look at stock and the other was a pet on a footpath with sheep all over the place so im only going of my little experiance

was they took out from young or ex racers my post was meant has a quick example without going into detail
  • Like 1

was they took out from young or ex racers my post was meant has a quick example without going into detail

Fair anuf mate. The worker was an young failed track bitch from ireland. no good on the track but a bit of a demon in the field. And the pet was an old dog so i duno if he just couldnt be arsed wasnt botherd by the sheep he seemd to have plenty of life in him, he just stayed well clear of them.

• Like 1