Let's Start Again Shall We

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get on the train and get to the sand dunes by steelworks-you both be falling over them =).spend from now till september time getting her broken stock etc-allotments are a good place if your in a city-

message me your address i got an old lamp il send you to get you going

Well said -let me get my bitch fit after this litter and I sort you a few days ferretting on my permission pal-we all had to start somewhere. Atb dc

Posted Images

Plucky that bollocks and how do you work that out why would a bull x be any different to any other cross at that age

as you lads with the bull/crosses are always telling me they have a lot more drive but its a bit late for any type of lurcher,you bull/cross lads are a bit touchy about even the mention of stock breaking then I take it,LOL,s,WM
  • Like 1

I should be getting a lamp soon and there ain't anything around by me bud otherwise I would that's why I'm asking for a little help to get me started and I'm not the type of person that's shit on the people who help me I'd end up be good friends

Just get your self a lamp and go for a walk mate you will be suprised whats about in the dark

The only advice i could add about hunting train train train and then find the nice squtting rabbits far from the cover . Dont bother slipping your pup on everything you can see. She will lose her confdence.just take it easy with her take your time theres no rush. Theres more to working dogs than just killing stuff.

It took me months of walking (i dont drive yet) to find game i got knocked back from every famer i asked for permission its was shit mate but when you do find a nice little spot and you will all the shit was worth it . This is mine and my dogs first proper season and going well so far .

You will not get a better feeling than when you pup catches her first rabbit i promis you that lol this is my dog 20mths 26inch 27kg collie bull grey. Shit pics but thats all iv got on my pad lol

post-98112-0-02920900-1483553512_thumb.jpg

post-98112-0-42370400-1483553726_thumb.jpg

Edited by green dragon
  • Like 5

Your best bet is try and rehome the lurcher if you are gonna struggle to show it bunnys.

And get 1 or 2 terriers and get in them back alleys around the kingsway.

Plenty of ratting action to be had.

Your best bet is try and rehome the lurcher if you are gonna struggle to show it bunnys.

oh well if thats his best bet nothing more to be said then eh ffs

rather than pages and pages of shite start out as green dragon said doing is learning pal,better off on your own from what i can tell now days good luck

• Like 2

I ain't going to get rid of her at all! She mine till she dies it's as simple as that, I have two jacks but ain't allowed to work them the miniature jack is very keen but she's the misses and my jack there's just no interest at all I've tried him plus he's turned to the misses dog now lol. I've always wanted to own and work a lurcher but weren't allowed to have one and now I've got one I want to work her all I'm asking is for some help to get me started and I think I will be doing what green dragon said to do I'm gonna invest in a lamp and go from there she's good on recall and that as I did start that part of the training with her it's just finding a place to see what she's like if she don't want to do it then it's all gravy I'm just happy to have a lurcher

• Like 5

I ain't going to get rid of her at all! She mine till she dies it's as simple as that, I have two jacks but ain't allowed to work them the miniature jack is very keen but she's the misses and my jack there's just no interest at all I've tried him plus he's turned to the misses dog now lol. I've always wanted to own and work a lurcher but weren't allowed to have one and now I've got one I want to work her all I'm asking is for some help to get me started and I think I will be doing what green dragon said to do I'm gonna invest in a lamp and go from there she's good on recall and that as I did start that part of the training with her it's just finding a place to see what she's like if she don't want to do it then it's all gravy I'm just happy to have a lurcher

make sure she comes straight back after one call. I'm not far from.swansea really. Just never go down there lamping so don't know where holds rabbits. I know there's stuff there, but not exactly where or I'd pop down and give u a hand getting her going.
  • Like 2

Hopefully the dog has landed on its feet and all goes well for you. Be surprised the little pockets of rabbits you can find that others over look that is one advantage of walking,cycling every where. Have a nose on freecycle or some thing for a bike

• Like 1

message me your address i got an old lamp il send you to get you going :thumbs:

• Like 11

oh well if thats his best bet nothing more to be said then eh ffs

rather than pages and pages of shite start out as green dragon said doing is learning pal,better off on your own from what i can tell now days good luck

The lad is struggling for transport squab and lives in the middle of a city

Maybe in the future he will have transport and can travel out.

Any way good luck gareth f8ngers crossed some9ne will take you out.

Get on the train and get to the sand dunes by steelworks-you both be falling over them =).spend from now till september time getting her broken stock etc-allotments are a good place if your in a city-just ask about don't be scared -plenty of ferrets about on Gumtree next few months get hold of one and get them eating out of same bowl - there's loads on here have a read-don't be in no rush-get the bond and you got a start.by September time I'm sure someone will sort you a few trips out.just be careful who you choose to school you out in the feild. Atb with it and I wish you luck-we all had to start somewhere and no man's born with a fifty yr old head on him.atvb dc

• Like 11