Don Mayfield

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No i never met any of that generation i got introduced to the dogs by a few roguish types of our area when i was young and started looking at the Journal where i saw Dons old advert and just started w

I believe Springview spent time with Mr Mayfield, recall a photo aswell which might make a few people smile.   A few of his articles has have long lasting effects on me, none more so than the one th

When i was keen and enthusiastic i would keep listening until it made sense.......these days im bored after a couple of sentances

I believe Springview spent time with Mr Mayfield, recall a photo aswell which might make a few people smile.

A few of his articles has have long lasting effects on me, none more so than the one that starts..

"A mans gameness is proven in his matches he has with himself"

• Like 3

I believe Springview spent time with Mr Mayfield, recall a photo aswell which might make a few people smile.

A few of his articles has have long lasting effects on me, none more so than the one that starts..

"A mans gameness is proven in his matches he has with himself"

It wasnt his line but you have to admire what Springview did he had complete faith in every word Don said and proved it by his actions.

The value of the Mayfield dogs was in the blood not the dog as a competitor..... id go as far as to say some of the best dogs the Uk ever saw carried a decent proportion of Mayfield blood a chap out in South America who still uses the blood today at the highest level of the sport always had a great analogy he said the blood is like the flour of a cake recipe.....on its own its worthless but the end product is built on it...... Tudor/Mayfield were some of the most important dogs and dogmen in the breeds history in my opinion.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2