Kenzie Thorpe

You should read the book buddy excellent read atb

I read it years ago but finding the old thread about it set me looking for the film of him calling hares. :thumbs:

Ffyfe Robinson? In Town Tonight with Cliff Michelmore seems to ring bells used to do pieces on the Waterloo Cup annually must of been early 60's

Y.I.S Leeview

Kenzie Thorpe. A legend. Wish I could have gone out with him.i guess however that there are more like him right now.JOK.

I think it would have been quite an education to spend a day out with him.

think he was gypsy stock..seen him on telly one night calling hares..long time ago..on the old Anglia telly channel.. proper marshman.. I live on the marshes,,well couple of minuites away..a'int seen a punt gunner for years..last one I seen used to launch from horseshoe point north cotes.. lincs..

kenzie buried next to his mate in his village cemetery Sutton bridge lincs..

• Like 4

we certainly created some exellent artisan hunters in this country,, though its more for sport thesedays.they was hard men coupled with hard time's eh.. imagine going back in time and having a day out with one of em..

Edited by byron
  • Like 3

Remember reading the book over 40 years ago by Colin Willock if my memory serves me right sounded I right caracture poaching and even shooting swans think W.A.G.B.I made him a life member when he started behaving himself doing guiding for wildfowl shooting partys.

Remember reading the book over 40 years ago by Colin Willock if my memory serves me right sounded I right caracture poaching and even shooting swans think W.A.G.B.I made him a life member when he started behaving himself doing guiding for wildfowl shooting partys.

I think it was colin willock,book was called Kenzie Thorpe the wild goose man or similar?

• Like 4