Dog Mange Best Ways To Get Rid

Benzyl benzoate.

i once went to the chemists with the missus in tow and asked over the counter for a bottle of benzyl benzoate ,the counter staff where chattering an laughing to themselves, i clearly heard one say is it him or her . i thought whats up with them.

When i got home i read the instruction leaflet it said " FOR THE USE OF HUMAN CRABS "............it wasnt me it must have been her.

you don't need that for getting rid of crabs you just sprinkle sugar on them it rots their teeth :lol:

Cheers jiggy I spoke to the vet and they told me same thing I have 6 dogs in the kennels mix between gun dogs and running dogs and they won't to see all off them befor pescibing it to me

thats a money making exercise go to a different vet and ask for 1 tube to treat your dog it's general maintenance don't mention mange. Most people use advocate on dogs 3 times a year as a preventative for mites and worms rather than a cure but it's expensive to treat 6 dogs 3 times a year. Noromectin 0.5% w/v Pour-on solution for cattle will work for mange, fleas,mites and worms on dogs as long as there's no collie blood in them as it can be lethal.It's 70 Euro for 1000ml bottle in agriculture animal supply stores so that bottle will dose 1000 terriers at 1ml down between shoulder blades the same idea as advocate. Pour on is easier on a dogs system and easier to use but takes a week to work. Make sure you do not overdose even pour on will kill a dog if it gets too much. Injection are much smaller doses maybe one tenth of 1ml I'm not sure. I heard a vet saying one time that most greyhound men use noromectin he said it's fine for them because only about 1 in a thousand greyhounds have a reaction and die from it which to a trainer cutting costs it's exceptable as injury would be their biggest concern.
Every vet ive brought advocate from has only ever done it on prescription so always had to take the dog in to be weighed etc by vet nurse before they will sell it over counter. Ive took a dog in with mange before and it was same routine. Advocate cleared it up within two weeks.
im in Ireland bud they must be more flexible here some of them even sell vaccinations over the counter and lads jab them themselves can you get vaccines over the counter in the uk. I would source a good greyhound vet if I were you because they won't rape you for prices or bullshit you because the greyhound boys can see right through them and won't deal with them if there overcharging. I can't see a greyhound man bringing in his hound to be weighed when he's treating him for fleas it's madness do your homework and find the right vet even if you have to travel not just for this treatment but you will need them again.
  • Like 1

The same goes for vaccines and bringing a healthy litter of 8 week old pups in to throw them up on a vet table to jab when the last dog gone off it could of been sick with parvovirus. Would you trust that the dopey student vet assistant beside him sterilised that table properly. Jabs should be given in the pups own home with little contact with other dogs or people so should be sold over the counter.

• Like 1

how much Ivermec do you give a 50 pound Lurcher ? the one for sheep and cattle for example .

do you jab it ?

do you give it orally ?

I've read and heard so many different calculations,I wouldn't dare even try it,But for the people with a kennel full of dogs and hound packs etc etc I imagine you have to do that.

Vin I have used ivomectin hundreds of times with good results the pour on his a weekend version than the injectable .the injectable his 1percent but half a ml on food works through the gut I have spotted it like advocate works the injectable his mixed with cloruson I and spotted this eye dropper a couple big drops ,or test with a single drop first kills the lung and heart worm only need treating twice a yr they retain it in the liver i also used it on ferrits one drop works a treat ticks lice fleas the whole shabang remember this the ivomectin his lots powerful than the advocate atb bunnys.

how much Ivermec do you give a 50 pound Lurcher ? the one for sheep and cattle for example .

do you jab it ?

do you give it orally ?

I've read and heard so many different calculations,I wouldn't dare even try it,But for the people with a kennel full of dogs and hound packs etc etc I imagine you have to do that.

the weight ratios are written on box as in 10ml noromectin pour-on per 100kg for cattle Then a 10kg terrier will get 1ml. Weigh your dog then use a measured syringe (without needle) to get the exact dose and squirt between shoulder blades tight to skin. It's written on box if it's pour on or if it's injection they are different strengths so the injection box will have a different ratio table written on it so if you don't feel comfortable injecting the dog then use pour on it's quiet simple. Ecomectin noromectin and ivermectin are all the same thing it's like Pepsi and Coca Cola different company's but they will both give you a sugar rush if you drink a can but diabetes and kill you if you take to much.

If one does not feel confident enough ta use Ivomec source some moxidectin usually used fa chickens pigeons etc ,the main chemical in advocate fa the lung heart worm mange etc.still this his a weekend deravative of Ivomec eBay cheep has chips spot on.works a treat.atb bunnys.